Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DebtFreePlanning
    • By DebtFreePlanning 9th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    DebtFreePlanning
    0 WOW
    Golf/Beach suggestions
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Golf/Beach suggestions 9th Mar 18 at 9:47 AM
    Hi there,

Just a bit of advice/recommendation needed please!

A few of us are hoping to spend a week away in May. We are all quite inexperienced travellers, but we are looking to go somewhere with a beach and golf course nearby. (Half of the group are golfers, the other half are beach-goers hence we are ideally looking for somewhere to accommodate both!).

Does anybody have any recommendations as to the best websites to start searching? I have been looking at the mainstream websites but struggling to find anything that jumps out at me, so was hoping somebody else on here may have experience of booking something similar.
Page 1
    • LUHG1878
    • By LUHG1878 9th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    LUHG1878
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    I'm not a golfer myself, but we regularly holiday in Costa del Sol, it ticks your box for sun & sea, and there are also loads of golf courses all down the coast, from Malaga down to Estepona.

In May temps will be around 25deg, car hire from the airport is pretty cheap, and drive time from Malaga to somewhere like Marbella is around 35-40mins.

Might be worth looking at Tee Time website, it seems to show golf courses and prices: https://www.teetimesbooking.com/en/teetimesbooking/portal/Resultados?s=Benalm%C3%A1dena&f=2018-05-12&d=50&id=1572&t=MUN

From there I guess you could decide where would be best to locate yourself, and then you could start looking for accommodation?
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 9th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 5,132 Posts
    • 6,881 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:27 AM
    Not sure on websites sorry, but portugal is very good for both.

Usually cheap accommodation and flights but can be a bit more expensive living costs.
    Don't be angry!
    • DebtFreePlanning
    • By DebtFreePlanning 9th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DebtFreePlanning
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:13 PM
    Thank you for your replies - much appreciated.

Didn't think of using TeeTimes - great suggestion. Thank you both!
    • z1a
    • By z1a 9th Mar 18, 5:19 PM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    z1a
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:19 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:19 PM
    Try Villamoura area of Algarve, loads of good beaches & loads of golf courses.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,343Posts Today

5,534Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin