Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gege1985
    • By Gege1985 9th Mar 18, 7:08 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gege1985
    Just need some advice on Universal Credit
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:08 AM
    Just need some advice on Universal Credit 9th Mar 18 at 7:08 AM
    Hello, I am not sure if anyone would be able to help but I was just wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on what to do or if it would take longer etc....

Basically - I am claiming Universal Credit to top up my wages as I am on a low paid job which doesnt even cover my rent each fortnight - anyway i havent worked any hours at all this week because for some reason my job has decided to take them away from me - i was suposed to be working 3 shifts but for reasons un be known to me they took them away with no explanation and they can get away with it because im on a 0 hour contract.......and I know im suposed to tell the job centre if my hours change or my situation etc - anyway if I tell them I havent worked this week at all is my payment im due going to be affected this month?

i am just looking for some advice really - and how do i inform them of this - do i do it online on my UC account?

thank you for taking the time to read this for me
Page 1
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 9th Mar 18, 7:39 AM
    • 1,766 Posts
    • 1,047 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:39 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:39 AM
    Do you not go and have signing on. When I claimed top up jsa I was required to go to sign on. I was given a form to write my hours on. I had to produce a payslip also.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin