Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 9th Mar 18, 5:37 AM
    • 3,090Posts
    • 42,601Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Friday 9th March 2018
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:37 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 9th March 2018 9th Mar 18 at 5:37 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 9th March 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, dry underfoot, no frost.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, both boys still in their pits as DS1 using up last of his annual leave today and Monday and DS2 doesn't have college on Fridays.

Dinner last night was lovely pork steaks, roasties, carrots, brussels, broc and gravy, last xmas pud and custard from the store cupboard for those that wanted some. Tonight will be liver, bacon, sausage, chips, peas and gravy.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I'd hoped, but some things did get done, washing and drying, today I need to continue with that and get the ironing done, do the food shopping and do some housework. I spent most of the day at mum's again yesterday, she was quite muddled.

I have engineer coming out to look at the fridge freezer, it's developed the same fault we had with it about a year ago, that supposedly was fixed, the engineer then said they could only fit one part which he did and that seemed to do the trick but now it's gone wrong again, not sure what they are going to do but it's only 4 years old, could do without having buy another one. We'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 09-03-2018 at 5:50 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 1
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 9th Mar 18, 5:54 AM
    • 3,883 Posts
    • 46,849 Thanks
    camelot1001
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:54 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 5:54 AM
    Morning All

Sorry things are not good for you Holly.
    Get going with that pension Speky!

It's pouring down this morning, we had a little bit of sunshine yesterday - it was just teasing!

I went to a slimming club last night, not very motivational, the leader is possibly the most boring woman I've ever come across, she got everything wrong and didn't seem to know what was going on. I'll have to find some will power and stay strong.

Off out to a charity fundraiser tonight, not really looking forward to it but it's for a good cause.

Enjoy your day, take care. XX
    • Judi
    • By Judi 9th Mar 18, 6:04 AM
    • 16,267 Posts
    • 71,249 Thanks
    Judi
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:04 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:04 AM
    Morning Nmlc and all.

I've been awake since 4, can't blame the hounds this time. I just woke up and that was that.

I've been exploring the option of making my own cleaning wipes. Well I've near perfected my home made cleaning spray so thought I'd move on to something else. Anyway, plenty to read up on.

Youngest is home, he arrived late last night tired but not hungry. He just put himself to bed. His alarm will be going off soon.

Grump has got a list of things wrong with him a mile long...he hit me with a new ailment last night. I can help him with the minor stuff but he really needs to see a doctor. His job takes over every aspect of his life.. even his health. It shouldn't be this way but try telling him!

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Judi
    • By Judi 9th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    • 16,267 Posts
    • 71,249 Thanks
    Judi
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:12 AM

It turns out I have been tricked. My care coordinator didnít phone Monday and visit Tuesday to be kind and find out how things were going and if I needed any help. She somehow forgot to mention that there was to be a meeting with all of the professionals involved in my care yesterday afternoon. She didnít mention it to me when she was here. She also said that I wouldnít be admitted to hospital until I had had the trial period with the psychotherapy as had been agreed. My GP told me about the meeting when I saw him yesterday morning because he had been asked to attend. It is very kind of him because it is his half day, so he went in his own time.

I feel so betrayed by my care coordinator. The two Iíve had before have both told me when these meeting have been happening. I thought that everything was sorted out and I knew what was happening and when and I think it had made me feel more settled. Now I canít trust her or the mental health services at all. They are now not allowing me a few weeks to see how it goes with the psychotherapy as had been agreed. They are trying to find a hospital bed for me immediately.

To make matters worse the consultant has gone back on what he said about the local unit would not being an option because it wonít be able to support my needs, and I may well be sent there.

Anyhow have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
    Holly what does your GP think? Has he said whether he agrees with what the care team have said?

Fingers crossed the psychotherapy goes well.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 9th Mar 18, 6:46 AM
    • 6,497 Posts
    • 41,362 Thanks
    Gers
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:46 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:46 AM
    Good morning everyone.

HH - I hope things gets sorted out for you today. Itís an awful place to be, so full of anxiety. Be kind to yourself.

I ducked out of the supper Ďdoí last night, took DM there, did some shopping and then went to bed after drinking gallons of boiled water. (yeugh)

She had a wonderful time and was brought home laden with flowers and gifts.

For now Iím just enjoying a few more minutes in bed before starting the birthday happenings. Itís so lovely to see my DM happy and enjoying herself after the miserable winter sheís had.

I hope everyone is doing well or getting better. Happy Friday.
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 9th Mar 18, 6:54 AM
    • 4,027 Posts
    • 28,015 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:54 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:54 AM
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC for the start. Oh HOLLY no wonder you feel you have been duped by the mental health services. It's got to the state you can't believe a word any of them has to say. I hope today brings you at least a few honest answers. You are really lucky with your GP though. You keep ranting away as much as you want. It doesn't do any good bottling things up.

After yesterday's bad timing of the horrendous snow fall, today has a much better forecast. Fine and dry and reaching a tropical 8 deg at one point.

You may remember a while back middle DGD (our own "Margot") passed an audition for the English Youth Ballet production of Copellia. Well rehearsals start this weekend in Darlington! It's going to be very time consuming with all the travelling up and down and much staying over involved for DD. It's all going to work out very expensive and DD is wishing now she hadn't let her audition! They go up this afternoon for the first audition and are staying the 2 nights in a hotel. Eldest DGD is in London but youngest is unaccounted for so guess who is looking after her!! We don't mind though as she isn't any bother at all. In fact the quietest of the three. She is to pick back up from school this afternoon and will be here till Sunday.

Well being a Friday it's that day again and a much needed clean round is on the agenda. I hate Fridays! And I must do a freezer tidy and audit at some point. I have let them get into a jumble again and start off so organised with good intentions!

I think lunch will be omelettes (bacon and mushroom) and tea something child friendly! Perhaps fish for us and fish fingers for DGD.

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) for all in need/want of them. So many of you just now. DUMPLING I hope Steve can sort out a way of helping you cope/ Take care all xxx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 9th Mar 18, 7:05 AM
    • 1,410 Posts
    • 19,831 Thanks
    dumpling
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:05 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:05 AM
    Good morning everyone

Aww Holly, you must feel so betrayed and upset. Thank goodness for your lovely GP or you would be completely in the dark . I hope you will be able to get some answers from your care co ordinator, I think it's really rotten to 'trick' you like that. Please keep on posting, it really does help to get things out. Sending you massive hugs xxx

Your mum sounds like she is having a wonderful birthday week Gers, hope you are feeling a bit better today xx

Judi, I hope you can persuade Grumps to go and see a GP if only for your peace of mind. What is it with men and their ability to stick their head in the ground when it comes to health issues! I know I have to gently persuade (nag) Steve to go and see his doctor when he needs to .

camelot, I have been to lots of slimming groups like that was it a happy clappy group by any chance? I hope you manage to find the will power you need x

nmlc, I hope the engineer manages to fix your fridge, I know that once one of my appliances go the others shortly follow . Hoping that is not the case for you .

Well I have been productive this morning and have already made the meat sauce for a lasagne as we had a lot of veg that was about to be past saving.

I have to go with Phoebe to camhs this morning for her last meeting with them as she will be 18 tomorrow. I don't know where the years have gone. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out and I am so so proud of her, especially the way she manages to live her life even though she suffers with crippling anxiety and ocd. I couldn't ask for a better daughter.

After that I don't have anything planned so will have a quick tidy up and then my knitting will call me. Steve is on a half day today so he will be home just after lunch which will be lovely.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx

• ScarletRibbons
    • By ScarletRibbons 9th Mar 18, 7:11 AM
    • 281 Posts
    • 3,712 Thanks
    ScarletRibbons
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:11 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:11 AM
    Morning all. It's fine and sunny here, but frosty.

Yesterday eventually turned into a lovely sunny day, it brightens you up a bit to see the sun.

Holly, I'm so sorry that things are going so badly wrong for you. You must feel as if you can trust no one. Do keep ranting as much as you want, it's better than bottling up.

Dumpling, I hope you and Steve can come to some arrangement to benefit you all. You sound really low.

We are having 2 windows replaced this morning, they will be here for 9am, so we won't have as leisurely a start to the day as we normally do. That won't hurt us!!

We found a new storage for the caravan yesterday, and got the last vacant place. The guy said that a couple of other people from our old place were moving to his as well. We'll move the van in the next couple of weeks. it's about the same distance from home as our old one, and also has caravan washing facilities which is really handy.

Better get my arris into gear, hope everyone has a good day.
    • redruby
    • By redruby 9th Mar 18, 7:18 AM
    • 6,696 Posts
    • 93,343 Thanks
    redruby
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:18 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:18 AM
    Morning all

Dry here for the moment but rain due later I think, off to work for me but at least its Friday.

No takeaway tonight as we had one on Wed for my Birthday so will go and rummage in the freezer after this to see what we can have, I think there is some chicken so may do fajitas.

Shopping day tomorrow but I must sort out the freezer as I am not sure what's in there at all.

Right better dash as running late have good days all xx
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 9th Mar 18, 7:38 AM
    • 1,644 Posts
    • 19,689 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Morning all, it is my day off but I had an early finish yesterday so will do paperwork this morning. I woukd have carried on at home yesterday but delays on the roads put paid to that, I got here only about half an hour earlier than if I'd stayed at work.

Holly, I'm very sad to hear about the lack of transparency from your care team. Rant away, it seems justified.

We have brilliant sunshine at present, not sure if it will last the day but it does give you such a lift after grey skies and rain.

Like Judi, I woke at 4 for no reason but was wide awake so got up and have been idly pottering since then. I will get my work done and then do as much of the Friday Tidy as I can in a shorter time, if need be, I can carry on tomorrow. DS still hasn't sorted his stuff out and as he hasn't given me his washing he'll have to wait as the rest of the washing needs to be done.

Hope everyone has a good day and that things are manageable for those of us who are struggling.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 9th Mar 18, 7:54 AM
    • 1,109 Posts
    • 4,225 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Morning Everyone,

Nice and sunny outside for now. It's Friday, I love Fridays as I do not work weekends.

HollyHarvey Hope things are sorted for you soon x

My plans for the weekend are,tomorrow myself and the OH will collect my mom in the afternoon from the Nursing Home and bring her back to our house. We will have a fish and chip tea along with a piece of O/H's b/day cake from the other week. Our DD will also pop in to see her gran.

Sunday my OH and myself are meeting up with DD and her BF for a mothers day meal at a pub by where they live.

Have a good weekend all xx
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • tiredmum2
    • By tiredmum2 9th Mar 18, 7:57 AM
    • 285 Posts
    • 3,942 Thanks
    tiredmum2
    Morning all
    Up early and feel like yuk i am so tired DS kept me awake last night after coming downstairs after i went to bed scraping his chair on the tiles in the dinning room and playing the tv loud he also managed to leave the milk out all night and his room is a tip i am seriously peed off i know his aspergers doesn't help but i feel i might loose it today if he doesn't buck his ideas up i shall be glad to go away for 2 weeks .
    Had a good afternoon yesterday with DD1 although i chose a lovely pair of rose gold trainers in sketchers they didn't have my size but DD fell in love with them and they did have her size DD2 stayed at her sisters last night so there is no running around for me to do as DD1 will drive to the spa so they can have a girly day but i will miss seeing DD2 its her birthday monday but she is working night shift so i am sending her flowers on the thursday her day off but want to send her something different as well any ideas?
    Holly hugs to you i would speak to your GP if you can get an appointment today and let him know your thoughts on the situation
    Dumpling hugs to you you are fantastic x
    Judi i hope you can cajole DH into going to the doctors maybe a trail of cake crumbs
    Dinner tonight freezer roulette today will be spent on the friday clean
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 9th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 2,075 Posts
    • 20,595 Thanks
    csarina2
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Holly, I am so sorry you are having all these problems, its good you feel you can come on here and rant, it helps get it out of your system.

Its a bright morning, but guess what? OH is complaining about itching again, so I lost my cool, he was on about it last night, when I mentioned it this morning he said it was ok, now I am committed to taking him to the Drs.......Grrrrrr. If yesterday was anything to go by the surgery will be stoating. Bang goes my cleaning.

Usual fish and chips tonight.
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 9th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 15,759 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Gooooooooooooood morning everyone.

It's Friday! Grey skies and damp underfoot this morning. Not sure what the forecast is for later. I'm playing football tonight with work, then going for a few Britney Spears after so I hope it's dry. Won't be a late one. Train home at a reasonable time.

Last night was date night with my gran, and like I predicted yesterday, she over-fed me and it was brilliant. She'd made a bread and butter pudding "just like they used to make it" and then we watched Masterchef while eating some homemade chocolate cake, from a recipe which has been passed down 5 generations. Nobody makes it like my gran.

HH - I'm gutted for you. You've been on a rollercoaster of late and just when it looked to settle. I hope the situation is resolved soon and also, it appears you have a GP. Also, never apologies for 'rants'. That's what we're all here for.
    RR - There may be no takeaway tonight...but is there wine tonight?
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 9th Mar 18, 8:50 AM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 26,511 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Morning everyone,

So sorry to hear of your treatment at the hands of the care team Holly can only echo what others have said about getting your GP to step in, he sounds a good person for sure, take care x

Bit of a rough night sleep wise so feeling wrung out today, have a mouth full of ulcers which is a bit miserable as well, gggrr.
    Had enjoyed the meal with my DB last night, he gave me a belated birthday present, 3 more books so plenty to read at the moment.
    Not a lot planned for today, hoping to squeeze in a little nap at some point!

Enjoy the birthday weekend Gers and hope you feel better.

Have a good Friday folks x
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 9th Mar 18, 9:10 AM
    • 15,991 Posts
    • 135,723 Thanks
    JackieO
    Good Morning all, and H/Harvey you rant away my dear, we all have shoulders broad enough to give you a bit of a rant on, and your DR sounds brilliant and supportive for you.You have been treated dreadfully by the people who are supposed to be helping you.

Dumpling you too my dear, as if it helps to unload then do so You are lucky that your OH is supportive as well bless him he sounds a diamond

Well a bit of baking this morning for me as Friday afternoons when the boys come in from school and they descend on the biscuit /cake tins like hungry birds to see if Granny has been baking I usually do something for them on a Friday morning as a treat .

I have History club this afternoon, then tonight I am out to a big charity night quiz at a hotel in Chatham with my team, food is laid on so no cooking for me tonight.

Another week has vanished ,where does the time go to ? it will soon be
    Easter, and the following week we are away over to our beloved IoW for a weeks holiday. Still hopefully the weather will brighten up for us all and the winter will become a memory.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Take care chums we are all important to somebody

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018
    Running total for four months food only shopping =£126.24.Freezer stuff slowly going down at last May totals £31.11 June spends so far £18.90, brought a few odds and ends home from my holiday and using those up first.
    • mehefin
    • By mehefin 9th Mar 18, 9:36 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 1,292 Thanks
    mehefin
    Morning all
    Just realised the last time I posted in here was 2010!!! A lot has happened since then, been a roller coaster of life but I have survived( cue song ). I do lurk a lot though.
    Just survived the massive snowstorm and now dug out and getting on with normal life as such as it is.
    Waiting for Hermes delivery which they say they attempted Wednesday , which is a load of bull! Now they say today. Living up to their name as messenger of the Gods and according to Wiki the 'divine trickster'.. I know which one I'd go for.
    Nice to see a few names I recognise from way back.
    Hope everyone keeps well and warm . Good wishes to those who are ill.
    Catch up again when I have got something worth saying

Mehefin
    • Judi
    • By Judi 9th Mar 18, 10:08 AM
    • 16,267 Posts
    • 71,249 Thanks
    Judi
    Morning all
    Just realised the last time I posted in here was 2010!!! A lot has happened since then, been a roller coaster of life but I have survived( cue song ). I do lurk a lot though.
    Just survived the massive snowstorm and now dug out and getting on with normal life as such as it is.
    Waiting for Hermes delivery which they say they attempted Wednesday , which is a load of bull! Now they say today. Living up to their name as messenger of the Gods and according to Wiki the 'divine trickster'.. I know which one I'd go for.
    Nice to see a few names I recognise from way back.
    Hope everyone keeps well and warm . Good wishes to those who are ill.
    Catch up again when I have got something worth saying

Mehefin
    Originally posted by mehefin
    Welcome back.

Think i am going to have to write myself a list today, i am lacking motivation and energy.

Vacuum upstairs
    Vacuum stairs
    Vacuum downstairs

Steam clean hard floors
    Order a replacement birth certificate for Eldest (hes not got full internet on his phone) Ordered
    Sort out a replacement for Eldests Deed poll. He's lost the original along with his birth cert years ago. Typed, printed, just need 2 witnesses. No rush for that though.
    Tea
    Feed Prodigal Only half a loaf today I know i'm going to have to get him a birth cert at some point as he is struggling with no ID but before i waste any more money (ive bought him 2 already and he's needed them and lost them) i need to know he is really sorting himself out. He can wait for his birthday.
    Bleach wash the side of the house. It stinks of dog.
    Last edited by Judi; 09-03-2018 at 4:49 PM.
    • poppy811
    • By poppy811 9th Mar 18, 10:08 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 1,084 Thanks
    poppy811
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you all so much for all your kind comments. I am still learning to live alone (my DH died 18 months ago) and I miss being able to talk things through with him but you all help so much. My plan today is to clean the lounge, get my hair cut and do a small shop. I need to get the ingredients for scotch pancakes with creme fraiche and blueberries as my contribution for Mothers Day brunch.
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 9th Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    • 12,457 Posts
    • 40,199 Thanks
    Nelski
    Morning

What a gorgeous day...sun is beating down (well almost) and its 9 already. Life looks so much better through sun glasses thats for sure Stripped the bed this morning and will be hanging that out soon first time this year for me fingers crossed I am not jumping the gun...visions of solid duvet covers

Up and dressed early this morning as at some point this morning I have to make a video of me training to send to a new customer I cant stand ordinary pictures of me so the thought of having to see and hear me fills me with utter dread but needs must and its only for 5 mins.

Sugar cut down is killing me I just want to snaffle a whole cake with extra butter cream. Jackie I understand your biscuit craving now I think I would kill for a ginger nut

Food today will be.....one sec......beef in red wine just grabbed out of the freezer, first grab was a apple crumble which was cruel but I resisted Boiled eggs for lunch trying to avoid the cooker atm as the seal has gone on it and cant get anyone to come and fix it so 250 is equivalent to 180 according to my thermostat goodness knows how much leccy that is wasting

Need to nip to Asda for salad stuff and fruit soon but hopefully will be a cheap one

Right should stop doing anything but this video and get on with it.

Holly aw love i'm sorry they are messing you around again. Keep talking to us you know we all worry about you.

Elona enjoy your Waldorf trip

nanny sorry about dinner I got stuck in the snow

dumpling hope all works out with steves job and you can get some more time with him

Gers happy birthday to your mum hope all the plans come together
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin