Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cazs
    • By cazs 8th Mar 18, 10:26 PM
    • 515Posts
    • 212Thanks
    cazs
    Help! I'm scared I have bedbugs!!
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:26 PM
    Help! I'm scared I have bedbugs!! 8th Mar 18 at 10:26 PM
    I've been getting bitten on the face for years randomly. Don't normally get bitten elsewhere on the body. I've just had a really bad batch of bites which my colleague suggested could be bed bug bites as one side of my mouth there were 5 bites in a direct straight line and a week later I got more bites on the other cheek. Normally I'd just get 1 or 2 bites.

I've looked on the mattress and along the seams and I've looked behind the headboard and I've pulled out the underbed drawers and stuck my head under the bed and looked at the wooden slats which support the mattress and I've not seen any bugs or blood spots or black spots which I understand to be the bug poo on the bed or sheets and I suppose it would be on the pillows as my bites are on my face and I've not noticed that at all.
    Nonetheless I am feeling quite sick about this as the bites on my face do appear to possibly be bed bug bites though I can't see any evidence of this. I've spent a good few hours looking at pics of bed bug bites trying to figure out if they are that. My only other suspicion is the bin room (live in a block of flats with big commercial style bins and everyone goes down and dumps their rubbish in there) and possibly being bitten when I go down there.

Really quite worried sick about this. Has anyone had bedbugs and can comment on my experience? If you know you had it, did you see any proof?
Page 1
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 9th Mar 18, 6:35 AM
    • 1,261 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    sevenhills
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:35 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:35 AM
    Have you bought anything second hand?

• sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 9th Mar 18, 6:39 AM
    • 1,261 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    sevenhills
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:39 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:39 AM
    I've been getting bitten on the face for years randomly. Don't normally get bitten elsewhere on the body. I've just had a really bad batch of bites which my colleague suggested could be bed bug bites as one side of my mouth there were 5 bites in a direct straight line and a week later I got more bites on the other cheek. Normally I'd just get 1 or 2 bites.
    Originally posted by cazs
    Maybe not bedbugs then.

• Head The Ball
    • By Head The Ball 9th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 3,289 Posts
    • 8,605 Thanks
    Head The Ball
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    Do you have a cat or a dog?

It could be fleas biting you.
    Every Village has its Idiot.

If you don't know who your Village Idiot is

it is probably you.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 9th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 3,116 Posts
    • 8,460 Thanks
    Callie22
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:45 PM
    Bedbug bites are usually found on your torso, flea bites are usually found on your ankles and lower legs - unless you've got a massive infestation and then the bugs would be quite visible anyway. You usually know you've got bedbugs because you see the blood spots on your bedding, not to mention that the bites tend to be quite red, inflamed and itchy. This doesn't really sound like either of those. Are you sure it's bites and not some kind of eczema or an allergy (maybe nickel if you have piercings, or even something odd like being irritated or scratched overnight by feathers in your pillow?)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter