Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daley6522
    • By daley6522 8th Mar 18, 8:57 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 7Thanks
    daley6522
    ruthless parking eye
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:57 PM
    ruthless parking eye 8th Mar 18 at 8:57 PM
    Dear People.

New to this thread/forum, however have always looked on from afar with interest and now need your educated and wise help.

My partner parked in a certain car park that is manned by cameras and had to wait patiently for a parking space as there were none available until aprox 30 mins, so sat patiently in our rented car until a space became available, the parking on the street in question was double yellowed , so no waiting in street.
    Once a space became available we parked the vehicle and paid via a phone app. Left the car in the car park and went about our business, arrived back at the car well within the the paid time and left the car park immediately.
    The said car park camera eye showed us arriving and leaving, this is not in question. after our informal appeal being basically ignored through their appeal process, we have now been told that we can go through popla as they don't recognise ombudsman services.
    This genuinely is exactly what happened and feel completely at a loss as to why they have declined the appeal.
    I am at your beck and call and really really need expert help and advise from you good people, we are willing to take this all the way as its totally disgusting bullying tactics from a parking enforcer with eyes that see what they want to

I await your much needed help and advise.
Page 2
    • daley6522
    • By daley6522 9th Mar 18, 1:04 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    daley6522
    Never. I am always hopeful that over 95% of POPLA appeals here will work, and have done for years. But it's so sad to read the initial appeal threw away the slam-dunk 100% win handed to you on a plate.

Lessee should have asked the employer to name them as lessee (with address) then waited for their own copy, then won at POPLA with no sweat.

Next time!

THIS TIME, you are going to have top sweat a bit as it's not 100% now.

I repeat, I never say pay ParkingEye and you may well win on one of the other template appeal points already written for you to use (NEWBIES thread post #3), or by copying one someone already wrote in the past few months only, about the same location.

Easy to find by searching the place & the word POPLA, on this forum, and find one no older than 2017. Show us your draft and don't be coy about the location, because we know about them (signs, etc.).
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thanks, ill pick it up again tomorrow...re hash my POPLA and resubmit for your appraisal/ disapproval
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,903Posts Today

4,284Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin