Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Samson81
    • By Samson81 8th Mar 18, 8:28 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Samson81
    eToro help
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:28 PM
    eToro help 8th Mar 18 at 8:28 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this isn't the correct place for this post but here goes...

At approximately 15:54 GMT Tuesday 6 March, a stop loss was triggered on a Berkshire Hathaway position I had opened. The stop loss triggered at around $198.

When I check the candlesticks on the eToro system I clearly shows a massive downward wick below the body but this looks completely out of place and line with the channel the price had remained within. In short, it stands out like a sore thumb.

I have tried to find volume indicators on their website to disprove their suggestion this is genuine. Can someone please check this on any other software which is better to see if it was unique to eToro or if this was a genuine market move.

I am new to this trading/gambling thing so please excuse if I have used the wrong terminology. If I am wrong and it is accurate, I'll hold my hands up but at the moment it looks like a glitch.

Please help!!
Page 1
    • Drp8713
    • By Drp8713 8th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 797 Posts
    • 681 Thanks
    Drp8713
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    You are trading with a company share that opitimises long term buy and hold investing. Odd choice.

Why dont you just buy BRKB shares and hold them for 30 years rather than gambling?
    • Samson81
    • By Samson81 8th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Samson81
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    Each to their own
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 8th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Theta101
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    That's called "Stop Loss Hunting" and the Spread Bet companies are famous for doing it.
    As their prices are "indicative" they can price it how ever they want to.
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 8th Mar 18, 10:57 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Theta101
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:57 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:57 PM
    Todays low seems to have been $203.03...

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/brk-b
    • Samson81
    • By Samson81 9th Mar 18, 9:25 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Samson81
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:25 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:25 AM
    That's called "Stop Loss Hunting" and the Spread Bet companies are famous for doing it.
    As their prices are "indicative" they can price it how ever they want to.
    Originally posted by Theta101
    Yeah, I think have supplied them with evidence of their exploits through a chart with a massive down wick which is completely out of line with what went before and after. I am awaiting a response. If they were stop hunting then it should be easy enough to prove because the same candlestick won't be on other sites or spread betting providers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter