Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Precision
    • By Precision 8th Mar 18, 6:24 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 51Thanks
    Precision
    Worthless & unwanted car clamped for no tax, pay?
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:24 PM
    Worthless & unwanted car clamped for no tax, pay? 8th Mar 18 at 6:24 PM
    Moved my rusty banger off the driveway while i did some spring cleaning and foolishly left it there for a few days and now it's been clamped.

Uninsured, SORN and no MOT.

DVLA want 100 + 160 to take the clamp off

The money they want greatly exceeds the worth of the vehicle. So i'm looking for a legal alternative to paying.

Is doing nothing and waiting for them to tow it away, to avoid paying for clamp removal a valid option?

The leaflet left on the car says i can return a "vehicle disclaimer form" if i no longer want the vehicle however it does not say if i still have to pay any fees, is anyone able to clarify this?

Also any idea where this form is located? The leaflet doesn't say where to find it.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 6:36 PM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:36 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:36 PM
    Does it not come up as a result when you Google DVLA untaxed vehicle disclaimer form ?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Precision
    • By Precision 8th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Precision
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    Does it not come up as a result when you Google DVLA untaxed vehicle disclaimer form ?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Unfortunately not, mostly info about getting your car un-clamped.
    No form ID number on the leaflet they left either.

The leaflet doesn't go into much detail about the implications of giving up the vehicle either.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,714Posts Today

7,918Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin