Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smokey2016
    • By Smokey2016 8th Mar 18, 5:32 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Smokey2016
    Royal Mail says item delivered but Iíve NEVER seen
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:32 PM
    Royal Mail says item delivered but Iíve NEVER seen 8th Mar 18 at 5:32 PM
    I ordered an iPhone 6 off eBay.co.uk, and the supplier had an English sounding name (green_park), so I ordered it, I paid via debit card via PayPal.

On further investigation, it turns out that this seller is based in Hong Kong.
    Anyway, the item was ďallegedlyĒ delivered on the 9/10/17, with no signature, all I have is a tracking number.

Since that date I have been in contact with, seller, eBay, PayPal, Royal Mail, bank, CAB, Chinese Embasey, Consumer Council in Hong Kong, I have had the response from the company either who I actually paid (ESR MARKETING COMPANY LIMITED) today or green_park, this is unclear, and it reads as follows,

We are to respond for the complaint case about the denied receipt of the shipment by the consignee.

As we provided Royal Mail tracking number (MQ080565176GB) for customer when shipment was dispatched, so that customer you can self-track the movement of their own shipment(s). As a seller, our liability is to send shipments to the requested address within estimated delivery date. Finally the shipment was delivered on 9 October 2017 at 11:43am.

If the local courier company claimed delivery process done but consignee denied receipt, it should be the problem of the carrier company, the consignee can trace the shipment by contacting Royal Mail to do investigation in order to figure out where the shipment had been delivered.
    We feel sorry about this case. We hope we will not lose a customer who feel dissatisfied about the local courier company. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance on this case.

Warm Regards,
    Yester Chau

Star Rich International Trading Limited

This has left me £177.99 out of pocket.

THERE IS A CAVEAT TO THIS SITUATION, this being as follows:-

I have been told verbally from Royal Mail that even though an item is scanned and marked as delivered, IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN

Thanks
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 8th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    • 3,833 Posts
    • 6,629 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    Strange that the item should have come from Hong Kong because the tracking number is a U.K. one (last two letters correspond to the senders location so GB for U.K. and HK would be from Hong Kong) how long ago did you chase it with them? Royal Mail can use the tracking number to determine the exact GPS location the item was scanned but I don't know how long they retain that data for.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 8th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    Strange that the item should have come from Hong Kong because the tracking number is a U.K. one (last two letters correspond to the senders location so GB for U.K. and HK would be from Hong Kong) how long ago did you chase it with them? Royal Mail can use the tracking number to determine the exact GPS location the item was scanned but I don't know how long they retain that data for.
    Originally posted by Fosterdog
    UK fulfilment centre?

The seller has thousands of feedback and over 99% rating.

OP what did RM say when you contacted them at the time?
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 8th Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,426 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73246043

Interesting that the OP asked about jailbreaking phones two days after it was apparently not received ...
    • Smokey2016
    • By Smokey2016 9th Mar 18, 4:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Smokey2016
    • 9th Mar 18, 4:04 PM
    Non received item
    • 9th Mar 18, 4:04 PM
    I have been chasing this since 9/10/17 with no luck

Royal Mail say basically tough, itís been delivered
    • Smokey2016
    • By Smokey2016 9th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Smokey2016
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    Non del item
    • 9th Mar 18, 6:30 PM
    That issue was to do with another phone, and nothing to do with this issue
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Mar 18, 6:18 AM
    • 12,215 Posts
    • 8,254 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:18 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 6:18 AM
    Paypal will not assist you in recovering your money as the item is showing as delivered. The seller clearly isn't going to dispute the delivery for you and the timescale may now be too long for RM to make any enquiries with the person who delivered it.

The only option I can see is convincing your debit card provider to assist you. Have a read on the link above regarding chargeback.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 10th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 10,044 Posts
    • 11,314 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 10:01 AM
    Did you speak to your neighbours as the tracking record states that it was delivered to one of them.
    If this happened, you should have received a card but the postie may have forgotten to do this.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 12,215 Posts
    • 8,254 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    Did you speak to your neighbours as the tracking record states that it was delivered to one of them.
    If this happened, you should have received a card but the postie may have forgotten to do this.
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa
    No it doesn't. That is the standard wording on Royal Mail track and trace.

Your item was delivered to your address or a neighbour
    • custardy
    • By custardy 10th Mar 18, 4:26 PM
    • 33,551 Posts
    • 28,509 Thanks
    custardy
    If you track it here

https://www.royalmail.com/business/track-your-item#/tracking-results/MQ080565176GB

You can see the full track.
    I can see it had pre advice. This means (nearly always) Rm has the address it was posted to on their internal tracking system.

Is Shrewsbury your local DO?

My advice is pop in and see them and explain the situation.
    Ask them to check pre advice on Track detail and the delivery co-ordinates on Delivery Connect.

Their systems may not go that far back,so they might have to engage IT to access the server data. You should have come to the forum much earlier.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 10th Mar 18, 5:53 PM
    • 10,044 Posts
    • 11,314 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    No it doesn't. That is the standard wording on Royal Mail track and trace.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup

I stand corrected. I must have read it a bit too quickly.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Mar 18, 6:49 PM
    • 12,215 Posts
    • 8,254 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I stand corrected. I must have read it a bit too quickly.
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa
    I admit it is a pain. I would rather it said it was delivered. Or it was delivered to your neighbour, not in the format as it currently appears which makes you question if you had it delivered to your home or not.
    • Zandoni
    • By Zandoni 10th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 2,805 Posts
    • 1,495 Thanks
    Zandoni
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73246043

Interesting that the OP asked about jailbreaking phones two days after it was apparently not received ...
    Originally posted by BorisThomson
    Nice try Sherlock
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter