Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • B_G_B
    • By B_G_B 8th Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    • 430Posts
    • 441Thanks
    B_G_B
    PIP F2F query
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    PIP F2F query 8th Mar 18 at 4:14 PM
    Hi Everyone.
    Probably been answered many times before. I recently applied for PIP (changing from DLA) and have just received a letter stating that they have the information they need, that I donít need to do anything, and that they will contact me when a decision has been made. Does this mean that I donít need to go for F2F assessment?
Page 1
    • john240870
    • By john240870 9th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    john240870
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    Sounds like it.
    Its seams you are one of the lucky ones with no F2F.
    Hope all goes well.
    • B_G_B
    • By B_G_B 9th Mar 18, 10:27 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    B_G_B
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:27 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:27 AM
    Thank you John. It certainly sounds like it from the letter. I wonder how they decide. The mobility component I would say is cut and dry. the care component is borderline. Thought that they might want to assess me particularly around the care component. I haven't got a problem with a F2F other than some of the horror stories that I read about.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    It's rare not to have a face 2 face assessment, but it does happen. Hopefully a decision goes in your favour. Good luck.
    • B_G_B
    • By B_G_B 17th Mar 18, 11:36 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    B_G_B
    • 17th Mar 18, 11:36 AM
    • 17th Mar 18, 11:36 AM
    Letter received today from DWP. Pip has been awarded at the rates I hoped for, basically just a sideways move from DLA. Award granted until 2024. Thanks for your input good people.
    • Ames
    • By Ames 17th Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 17,292 Posts
    • 30,463 Thanks
    Ames
    • 17th Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 17th Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    Great news! And thanks for sharing it - you only usually hear about bad stories which increases the stress for people going through the process as it makes them think all assessments are bad. It's important to know and remember that most are fine.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • Danday
    • By Danday 17th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Danday
    • 17th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • 17th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    I wonder what you sent them apart from the claim form to convince them that what you had claimed for (descriptors) was truthful and not overstated/understated.
    My personal experience of PIP is that you are treated as a liar unless you can prove that not to be the case.

I had my GP write a 3 page report and in it he said that because of physical problems I could not walk/move more than 20 metres. Ridiculous to be honest, the GP just wrote what I said was the case as what I had said on the claim form. He had no prior idea what my walking distance was until I told him.
    • B_G_B
    • By B_G_B 17th Mar 18, 5:03 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    B_G_B
    • 17th Mar 18, 5:03 PM
    • 17th Mar 18, 5:03 PM
    I wonder what you sent them apart from the claim form to convince them that what you had claimed for (descriptors) was truthful and not overstated/understated.
    Originally posted by Danday
    I have PPMS and have recently changed neurologist. After a recent (and so far only) visit to him he sent a letter to my GP which was a thorough review. Also a letter to my GP from a recent visit to a urinary nurse with her findings.

Contact details for MS nurse and OT were also provided although I doubt if any of them have been contacted because of the timescale.

I could have sent a shed load of letters / test results from over the last few years but decided that because the two letters enclosed were comprehensive and recent, that there was little point.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 17th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 17th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 17th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    My personal experience of PIP is that you are treated as a liar unless you can prove that not to be the case.

I had my GP write a 3 page report and in it he said that because of physical problems I could not walk/move more than 20 metres. Ridiculous to be honest, the GP just wrote what I said was the case as what I had said on the claim form. He had no prior idea what my walking distance was until I told him.
    Originally posted by Danday
    I hope you're planning on sending all of your evidence in for the MR rather than refuse to send anything older than 2 years.

A letter from a GP stating what you told him to write, isn't great evidence.
    • Danday
    • By Danday 18th Mar 18, 11:39 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Danday
    I hope you're planning on sending all of your evidence in for the MR rather than refuse to send anything older than 2 years.

A letter from a GP stating what you told him to write, isn't great evidence.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Thanks, I don't have any more evidence that is relevant or has been issued within recent history. Of course I have many reports dating back over 20 years but the relevance of those today, not withstanding that the same issues continue to exist, could be easily challenged by the DWP. Treatments and medication have improved over those years so the DWP could argue that those old reports refer to then and not now.

My argument is that the 3 page report that was issued within the past 2 years is more relevant than something going back 20 years +.
    That 3 page report last time resulted in the DWP changing their mind and up lifting the original decision to enhanced for both components. Logic then tells me that there is no reason not to expect that the same should have happened again.

The report from the GP has to be based on what I say to him. Of course he knows what is wrong with me medically and from that can assume that walking would be difficult. But to what extent he would have no idea as he does not test for the actual distance that I can walk. When I say less than 20 metres he accepts that I am telling the truth and will confirm that what I have said is medically possible given my issues.
    • Danday
    • By Danday 18th Mar 18, 11:46 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Danday
    I could have sent a shed load of letters / test results from over the last few years but decided that because the two letters enclosed were comprehensive and recent, that there was little point.
    Originally posted by B_G_B
    I agree with your view entirely. I am in the same position. However I did as you did back just over a year ago and had my original award changed by the DWP on MR to enhanced both from virtually nothing before. The assumption I took that with that same evidence this time round and just over 12 months later I should have had the same result. But no, they down graded it to almost nothing.
    So either the amended award last year was wrong or this current decision is wrong.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter