Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mattief
    • By mattief 8th Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 4Thanks
    mattief
    Assenting Property using Probate - ID needed?
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:14 PM
    Assenting Property using Probate - ID needed? 8th Mar 18 at 3:14 PM
    My father died intestate earlier this year & so his widow would be the sole beneficiary.
    I've applied for probate to administer the estate, so I believe that I now simply have to fill in the AP1 & AS1 forms to assent the deeds of his house (wholly owned, in his sole name) to her.
    Some of the sections of AP1 (Panels 12-14 requiring ID for whoever's named in Panel 7 - which I think is me, as well as Panel 6) are a tad confusing...
    However, as the probate court letter of administration names me as the personal representative 'for the use & benefit of...' his wife (& gives her name therein) - I believe that no other ID forms need be submitted to the Land Registry along with the AP1, AS1, the grant of administration & 40 fee.

Am I right?!
    Thanks for any help!
Page 1
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 9th Mar 18, 12:51 AM
    • 2,070 Posts
    • 1,393 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:51 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:51 AM
    If no one comes up with an answer here you can always message the Land Reg:

https://help.landregistry.gov.uk/app/contactus_general/?utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=govuk&utm_campai gn=death_contact_page_to_contact_form&utm_content= web_page
    • indian summer
    • By indian summer 9th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    indian summer
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    Yes you are right.

Just send a copy of the LOA with the forms and fee this will be enough to prove id.
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 9th Mar 18, 1:08 AM
    • 4,996 Posts
    • 5,559 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:08 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:08 AM
    Was his estate below 250,000?
    • mattief
    • By mattief 9th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mattief
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:52 AM
    Was his estate below 250,000?
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    Yes, house is the major asset at around 90K, plus some savings which have largely been used to covered funeral expenses.
  • Land Registry
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:11 AM
    You don't need to prove your own identity as the letters if administration are enough
    But if your Mother is the beneficiary and not named as a co-administrator then you will need to have her identity verified
    Your Mother is the applicant as she will be going on the register so panel 6 is her full name
    You would add your details in panel 7 as you are lodging the application
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land Registry
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:15 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:15 AM
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]If no one comes up with an answer here you can always message the Land Reg:
    Originally posted by Tom99
    We also have a Land Registry thread on MSE but generally pick up on posts by searching for Land Registry
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin