Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 8th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 8Thanks
    donfruitella
    Parking Charge Notice issued - but had ticket
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    Parking Charge Notice issued - but had ticket 8th Mar 18 at 3:12 PM
    Hi

The driver of my vehicle today returned to the car to find a Penalty Charge Notice attached with a fine to Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council. They were parked in a free parking zone that required a ticket. They did get a ticket and returned to the car in the correct time, and it was displayed in the window, but a PCN was still put onto the car.

I now have the ticket and the PCN (the ticket has my vehicle registration on it, and shows the time), and I'm wondering what the best course of action / appeal is.

Hope you can help me out!

Thanks
    Last edited by donfruitella; 08-03-2018 at 4:01 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    • 36,801 Posts
    • 83,273 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:16 PM
    Your best bet is to take this over to our friends on pepipoo.com as they are the council parking experts. We tend to deal with only private parking issues here on MSE.

You will need to register on pepipoo with a non-Hotmail email address. Read the FAQs then post both sides of your redacted PCN.

Good luck.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 8th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    donfruitella
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    Great thanks. By the way, what exactly do you mean by "post both sides of your redacted PCN" ?

Cheers
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 58,374 Posts
    • 71,904 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    If you read any posts on pepipoo, you will see you MUST show them pics of BOTH SIDES of the PCN.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter