Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trudy1988
    • By Trudy1988 8th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Trudy1988
    Drp - debt recovery
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:08 PM
    Drp - debt recovery 8th Mar 18 at 3:08 PM
    Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been discussed but I cant seem to find anything about DRP. I have had several letters saying I had a fine back in October and now this DRP letter. I have tried several times to contact them but no joy.

I went over parking time by 39 minutes at lymm services. The reason for this was because I was pregnant and was not feeling very well, I was in my first trimester and had severe morning sickness throughout the day and dizziness. I spoke to an attendant there in one of the shops who assured me that no fine would be issued as it was a health problem and something I could not help. I went over the time because I was awaiting for a family member to come and pick me up as I was unable to drive my car.

I don't really know what to do, I have since lost the baby and could quite frankly do without these letters.

Any help appreciated.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:12 PM
    You can ignore debt collectors. Post 4 of the NEWBIES tells you why it is safe to do so.

Did you/the keeper get a NTK (Notice to Keeper) through the post? This should have been appealed.

I would think the best idea would be to contact the landowner/manager of the services and complain.

You should also complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 8th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    you should contact the services , and give them your VRN , ticket number and date of incident and GET them to GET IT CANCELLED

DO NOT CONTACT the debt recovery people , they do not care , they just want your money

contact the services !!!
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Trudy1988
    • By Trudy1988 8th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Trudy1988
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    Thank you I shall be contacting the services. And yes I appealed but heard nothing.
    • Trudy1988
    • By Trudy1988 8th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Trudy1988
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:21 PM
    And the letter is strange. It gives a PO BOX address but the postcode is my local postcode, when you google map it, it takes you to somewhere in London :-/
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 8th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    • 1,376 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    debt recovery plus , is same as zzps , and parking collection services , hiding behind fake postcodes and trying to look like different companies
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    Thank you I shall be contacting the services. And yes I appealed but heard nothing.
    Originally posted by Trudy1988
    What is the name of the parking company please.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,274 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:53 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,230Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter