Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Saffron44
    • By Saffron44 8th Mar 18, 2:37 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Saffron44
    County court claim
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:37 PM
    County court claim 8th Mar 18 at 2:37 PM
    Hi,

I have received a county court letter through the door, the claimant is "civil enforcement limited" of where I parked in a pub car park and didn't pay the ticket as I was told you don't need to if it is not from the council, now I am being charged 350.06 for the claimaint and judgement in the county court business centre.

Can anyone give me advice on what steps to take and if this has to be paid?
    Thank you!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    Read the NEWBIES thread, post #2 is all about this stage and how to win.

- do the AOS online on MCOL (don't ask...all acronyms are explained in the sticky thread).

Then:

- crack on: copy/adapt any other recent CEL defence; show us your draft, to check it's OK.

- read the NEWBIES thread again once you have emailed that defence to the CCBC, to make sure you are ready for the N180 DQ stage and know which boxes to tick rather than ask us to repeat the same old info.

- win when CEL discontinue!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

529Posts Today

5,990Users online

Martin's Twitter