Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MoneySavingMission
    • By MoneySavingMission 8th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    • 215Posts
    • 22Thanks
    MoneySavingMission
    Umbrella with financial planning - legit?
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    Umbrella with financial planning - legit? 8th Mar 18 at 2:31 PM
    I've been recommended to use an umbrella company with financial planning incorporated rather than umbrella as paye.
    I asked and I've been told they only work with hmrc approved umbrella companies but I've never heard of the companies they suggested.
    anybody got experience with this?
Page 1
    • Pennywise
    • By Pennywise 8th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 10,035 Posts
    • 18,605 Thanks
    Pennywise
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:19 PM
    You need to find out exactly what they're proposing. If they start talking about loans, trusts, overseas, fiduciary payments, run for the hills.
    • Murdina
    • By Murdina 12th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    • 411 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Murdina
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 6:41 PM
    There is no process by which HMRC "approve" umbrella companies. If you want or need to operate through a company, find yourself an accountant (who is acting just for you, not the business setting up the umbrella companies) and get him/her to set something up for you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin