Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nutunit
    • By nutunit 8th Mar 18, 12:53 PM
    • 620Posts
    • 1,017Thanks
    nutunit
    Good reads books not arriving
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:53 PM
    Good reads books not arriving 8th Mar 18 at 12:53 PM
    Just wondered if anyone else had problems with wins on 'Good Reads' not arriving. At the moment I have won 6 books that have not arrived. The dates I won are over the 4 week timeline (first one I won on January 21st). This happened last year & I still have a book not delivered that I won last August, but I have given up on that one. I have contacted Good Reads & they are very polite & helpful, but it appears it is the publishers who are not sending books out. I contacted one of the authors of a book, that I had won, but he said he did not know anything about it & said it must be the publishers. Sorry for the moan, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas on where I go from here. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Page 1
    • booklover500
    • By booklover500 8th Mar 18, 12:58 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    booklover500
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:58 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 12:58 PM
    I used to regularly win with Good Reads and I only had to chase up a couple of books but they did eventually arrive. One of them it turned out was being shipped from America.

Have you tried contacting the publishers direct? That's how I managed to get my other one that was delayed.

Has anyone else noticed that Good Reads don't have any where near as many books being given away recently? I think that is the reason I haven't won any for months - there are very few that I am entering for!
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 8th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 1,259 Posts
    • 1,701 Thanks
    Februarycat
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:48 PM
    I had to chase one book up that I won in September, sent several e mails and no book, I then e mailed the publishers, and after a few weeks it finally turned up after about 4 months, the last one I won turned up within 2 days!

Booklover - yes I noticed they only have like 1 or 2 copies of books now, before it use to be 20 copies.
    OnePoll = £40.00 11/3/16 - £40 28/12/17
    Pureprofile = £15.20
    PanelOpinion = £2.95
    • nutunit
    • By nutunit 8th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    nutunit
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    Thanks for your help will try & contact publishers.
    I have noticed there are a lot less books on offer & not many of the kind that I like reading.
    • booklover500
    • By booklover500 8th Mar 18, 6:23 PM
    • 522 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    booklover500
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:23 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:23 PM
    Thanks for your help will try & contact publishers.
    I have noticed there are a lot less books on offer & not many of the kind that I like reading.
    Originally posted by nutunit
    I agree - there used to be a much wider variety of books and I would enter for several a day - now there are some days with only one or two new ones and none of the sort that I would like to read.

I don't know why it's changed so much in the past few months.
    • nutunit
    • By nutunit 8th Mar 18, 6:40 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    nutunit
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:40 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:40 PM
    I tried to contact Orion publishing but could not find a proper email address, it kept being rejected. I have just messaged the author on facebook as she said she had just (today) received flowers from Orion

"Lovely flowers from Orion Publishers to celebrate today’s publication of the paperback of A Child in Burracombe!" (authors quote.)

Good Reads told me that the publishers had sent the books out on February 26th, so how they managed that I do not know, if they have only published it today.
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 8th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 4,216 Posts
    • 60,501 Thanks
    Zanzib
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:03 PM
    An indie writer I know was able to do a giveaway of her latest KDP book on Good Reads but it was limited to the US, and she had to pay to do the giveaway.

Good Reads told me that the publishers had sent the books out on February 26th, so how they managed that I do not know, if they have only published it today.
    Originally posted by nutunit

Books will be out to stockists before the 'official' publication date- it allows the author to do their promotion alongside the publisher's promotions and ensures the books are available to buy, so getting a big push in charts/views.
    Last edited by Zanzib; 08-03-2018 at 8:11 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,915Posts Today

8,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin