Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tranquil
    • By Tranquil 8th Mar 18, 9:55 AM
    • 23Posts
    • 19Thanks
    Tranquil
    Small Victory
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:55 AM
    Small Victory 8th Mar 18 at 9:55 AM
    I know most people think it is meaningless indicator of financial health but I’m pleased to find out my credit score has increased from the ‘very poor’ to a few points away from the ‘excellent’ range in just about 4/5 months

I’ve been trying really hard and managed to pay off large chunk of debt, as well as getting a consolidation loan and closing credit card accounts to avoid temptation of building up debt again. I’m aware that this way is not for everyone as it would be easy to fall back into old ways, but it has worked so well for me and means I only have one payment a moneth towards debt, reducing so much stress!
    Just wanted to share my very minor success..
Page 1
    • H1a3rt
    • By H1a3rt 8th Mar 18, 1:34 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    H1a3rt
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:34 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:34 PM
    I wouldn!!!8217;t say that was minor. Well done.
    I did the consolidation load a few years back and cleared another loan and 4 credit cards that I was only making the minimum payment on each month. I also cancelled all but one of the cards. The loan is now payed off and I am in a much healthier position, so the consolidation load worked for me.
    • ramblehan
    • By ramblehan 8th Mar 18, 5:05 PM
    • 592 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    ramblehan
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:05 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 5:05 PM
    Well done definitely something to celebrate!!
    • timefortea
    • By timefortea 9th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    timefortea
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:04 PM
    While credit scores aren!!!8217;t the be all and end all, yours has obviously changed because of your hard work, well done!
    • engineer amy
    • By engineer amy 9th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 1,126 Thanks
    engineer amy
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:28 PM
    Well done - while the actual number is pretty meaningless, the significant improvement shows that you have made good changes to the information held on the file, and that the positive factors outweigh the negative factors!
    and good job on closing the unnecessary cards!
    Mortgage = £113,495 (May 2009) £72330 Feb 18
    Halifax CC 0% = £0!!! Car Loan = £0!!!!!
    PAYDBX16 #106 = 12377/12377 (100%)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin