Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 8th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    • 7,935Posts
    • 13,420Thanks
    Dreamnine
    If you had £1000 to spend what would you get?
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:03 AM
    If you had £1000 to spend what would you get? 8th Mar 18 at 9:03 AM
    Lots of little things or something big? Perhaps there is something you especially want or need like a washing machine?
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
Page 2
    • Spider In The Bath
    • By Spider In The Bath 8th Mar 18, 5:32 PM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 4,442 Thanks
    Spider In The Bath
    There isn't anything I need to buy so I would probably have an extra spending spree in M&S
    Originally posted by pipkin71
    A few years ago we ended up with about £160 of M&S vouchers. I bought a new top and my husband got a new belt and we didn't need anything else.

The nearest M&S is quite a drive from us (we live in a rural area) and so we decided to spend the rest of the vouchers on food rather than drive back again. It was just over £100.00

We bought loads of meat and fish (things too expensive to buy normally) and put it all in the freezer. Now I don't eat meat, or fish and so it meant my husband was eating posh nosh for about 4 months.
    • Spider In The Bath
    • By Spider In The Bath 8th Mar 18, 5:33 PM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 4,442 Thanks
    Spider In The Bath
    I would use the money to buy a piano (we are currently saving up for one).
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 8th Mar 18, 5:45 PM
    • 19,360 Posts
    • 87,163 Thanks
    pipkin71
    A few years ago we ended up with about £160 of M&S vouchers. I bought a new top and my husband got a new belt and we didn't need anything else.

The nearest M&S is quite a drive from us (we live in a rural area) and so we decided to spend the rest of the vouchers on food rather than drive back again. It was just over £100.00

We bought loads of meat and fish (things too expensive to buy normally) and put it all in the freezer. Now I don't eat meat, or fish and so it meant my husband was eating posh nosh for about 4 months.
    Originally posted by Spider In The Bath
    We currently have an M&S thing and love the food hall. My youngest daughter is in there weekly, buying various bits and pieces, as she works opposite there
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Mar 18, 6:03 PM
    • 52,080 Posts
    • 144,246 Thanks
    colinw
    Are they like orphans but with fancy beaks?
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    Yes cast out from their Farne island and sent down to London to work as Chimney Tweets, only to find out their wings are ill suited to handling the big chimney brushes, many end up on the streets selling their little plump bodies on the street ďtuppance appny a go guvnaĒ
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 8th Mar 18, 6:10 PM
    • 2,791 Posts
    • 8,525 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Yes cast out from their Farne island and sent down to London to work as Chimney Tweets, only to find out their wings are ill suited to handling the big chimney brushes, many end up on the streets selling their little plump bodies on the street ďtuppance appny a go guvnaĒ
    Originally posted by colinw
    The ones who were sent up to Brum apparently organised themselves into a gang.
    "The Tweety Blinders"
    "Luck happens where hard work meets opportunity"
    • Dunroaming
    • By Dunroaming 8th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    Dunroaming
    Probably a bill for more than £1000 for something in the post the very same day knowing my luck.
    Examples might include but are not limited to: boiler blown up; ransom demand for dog; car blown up; house emptied by robbers; our tree falling on next door's house; sump hole appearing and devouring our house ......... there's bound to be something.

Failing that how many jelly beans would that buy?
    Originally posted by Four Two

OK I'd spend it down the sump too.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 8th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 36,603 Posts
    • 145,459 Thanks
    tommix
    I'm a pretty sharp operator when it comes to a fast buck, so I would probably buy a thousand items from poundland and sell them for £2 each..
    Sweet!
    Last edited by tommix; 09-03-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    • Ames
    • By Ames 8th Mar 18, 10:29 PM
    • 17,313 Posts
    • 30,499 Thanks
    Ames
    A fitbit, a new cheap laptop, a couple of dresses I like in the Monsoon sale, and a couple of blood tests for things that I'm fretting about but are too minor to bother the GP with.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Mar 18, 11:25 PM
    • 27,913 Posts
    • 15,199 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    If i had to spend it? I need a new computer for starters. I would then look at what might be needed in the house. Then maybe get a few video games, then maybe get something for my dad. Not necessarily in that order.
    • Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 9th Mar 18, 1:05 AM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 6,145 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    I'd put it towards my new bathroom fund
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin