Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    • 29Posts
    • 13Thanks
    keithtoon
    NPE (National Parking Enforcement)
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:39 AM
    NPE (National Parking Enforcement) 8th Mar 18 at 8:39 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Great Forum.
    Can anyone help me?
    My vehicle was parked for 3 minutes on a "NO PARKING AREA"
    I was NOT the driver. I have since received a letter from a company called NPE (National Parking Enforcement) with a photo of my vehicle parked on the said road.
    The letter demands payment of 100.00 or if i pay within 14 days it will only be 60....... ONLY!!!!!
    Is there any way i can appeal successfully?
    Thank you for reading my moan but any help will be great!
    Fingers crossed...
    Regards
    Keithtoon
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 8th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:45 AM
    You say "great forum" have you actually read any of it?

The answers are all there for you!
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:56 AM
    Yes, i have and was told to start of a new thread on this parking company NPE.
    As my last thread was on HIGHVIEW.
    I am doing this for a friend and was told that NPE "are a different kettle of fish"
    If you look at my past posts you will see why i ended up here.
    Yes its a great forum as i successfully won my appeal because of the wisdom of you guys.

Regards
    Keithtoon
    Last edited by keithtoon; 08-03-2018 at 8:59 AM.
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 8th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    • 407 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    Grimble
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    NPE slimy little company, does not do court. He knows that he should give you 10 minutes grace to read any signs, it is in his trade associations code of practice.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 8th Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:48 AM
    As per above, so you appeal as per the newbies thread then forget it unless you get real court papers which is as likely as finding a crocodile in Hyde Park.

Your chances of this going further with these useless muppets:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Parking_Enforcement.html
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    Thank you guys.
    So i just copy and paste......
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    • 35,596 Posts
    • 19,810 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    Yes. .
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    Thank you very much.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Mar 18, 10:53 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:53 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:53 AM
    Thank you very much.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.
    You'll need to delete one or the other for this to make sense. As NPE are IPC operators, scrub all this final paragraph and replace with a final sentence which should read something like this:
    'As you are an IPC operator, I do not intend to correspond further with you, so I require you to now cease and desist with any further contact with me'
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 15th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    Good morning Umkomaas,
    I have a reply from NPE and have rejected my first appeal.
    do i post the paper on here omitted my name and address?
    Thank you in advance
    Keithtoon
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Mar 18, 8:43 AM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Good morning Umkomaas,
    I have a reply from NPE and have rejected my first appeal.
    do i post the paper on here omitted my name and address?
    Thank you in advance
    Keithtoon
    Originally posted by keithtoon
    No need. It will be a standard template rejection.

That's about it now for you, other than to ignore debt collector letters that will probably be NPE's next step (you can ignore DC letters, they are powerless, they can't sue you, they can't 'send the boys around' nor can they skin your cat or kidnap your grandmother - or any other outlandish threat).

Come back if NPE or their solicitors (Gladstones?) issue a Letter Before Claim (or similar wording) or court papers through the national distribution centre in Northampton. Chances of that happening (repeat of the link given earlier by forum regular 'fisherjim'):

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Parking_Enforcement.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 15th Mar 18, 9:50 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    Thank you,
    But i did want to post the letter to this forum but how the hell do you do it?
    Its PDF?
    HELP
    Cheers
    Keithtoon.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 15th Mar 18, 9:56 AM
    • 3,727 Posts
    • 4,328 Thanks
    Johno100
    Thank you,
    But i did want to post the letter to this forum but how the hell do you do it?
    Its PDF?
    HELP
    Cheers
    Keithtoon.
    You might be able to select the text in the pdf document, copy and then paste it.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 15th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 2,669 Posts
    • 1,532 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Good advice to ignore debt collector letters but do keep them for your records. To post a picture use a hosting site such as tinypic or imgur and then post your URL as hxxps://.... rather than https://..... and someone will fix the link for you.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 15th Mar 18, 10:05 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    tried doing that can paste but will not post to this forum????
    Took image of said letter will not post to this forum!!!
    GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 15th Mar 18, 10:31 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    will try this way, watch this space.
    thank you.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 15th Mar 18, 10:31 AM
    • 3,727 Posts
    • 4,328 Thanks
    Johno100
    tried doing that can paste but will not post to this forum????
    Took image of said letter will not post to this forum!!!
    GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    And that is from inside the document itself?
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 15th Mar 18, 10:52 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    keithtoon
    yeah, when i open PDF file it limits you choices to cut and paste ie delete personnel details. So i took photo of letter but still unable to post, ie copy and post.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 7,186 Posts
    • 6,670 Thanks
    KeithP
    yeah, when i open PDF file it limits you choices to cut and paste ie delete personnel details. So i took photo of letter but still unable to post, ie copy and post.
    Re-read post#15.

But as has already been said, the refusal letter is of no interest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

440Posts Today

5,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin