Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coco2447
    • By Coco2447 7th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Coco2447
    Ccj mil
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    Ccj mil 7th Mar 18 at 9:59 PM
    Hi there,
    I'm hoping someone could give me some guidence.

I just went to apply for a mortgage and it was declined. Checked equifax and its showing a ccj. I knew nothing about this so was completely shocked and worried. Spoke to county court who confirmed it was Mil collections. Spoke to them and they said it was due to a parking fine back in 2014. Then ticket was issued where I lived and had a permit for but didn't change it to the new one by 8am new years day. Now I lived at that property for a further two years with no correspondence from either them or the parking company. The ccj was then only issued in 2016 so 4 years after the event. Just need to know what to do really as I can't see this being correct as I knew nothing about that. Help greatly appreciated. Oh the parking company also had car reg ad part of the permit! Thank you
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Mar 18, 10:03 PM
    • 18,113 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:03 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:03 PM
    you need to read up about a SET ASIDE and this will initially cost you £255 which you should claim back

read the SET ASIDE info in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum

and use the forum search box and google to read up on set asides

the government has also taken a dim view of these phantom CCJ,s , so read up on their recent statements about these uncontested CCJ,s that ruin peoples lives

there may also be a DPA breach by the PPC due to selling on the alleged debt after obtaining KEEPER details
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coco2447
    • By Coco2447 7th Mar 18, 10:12 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Coco2447
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:12 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:12 PM
    Hi
    Thank you for getting back to me. Will certainly look this up. I had also sold the car that year too. So your saying if the parking company gave my details this is a breech of data protection?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 7th Mar 18, 11:04 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:04 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:04 PM
    complicated settup , basicly if you did not give parking co your details , they got it from DVLA then SOLD it on ,

long , but most recent thread here http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=108819 read it , it may explain things

who was the PARKING Co in your case?
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coco2447
    • By Coco2447 8th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Coco2447
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:21 PM
    As far as I can recall I wouldn't of given them any details, as I didnt speak to them about the ticket. So if they sold my details on ive got ground for data breech?!
    It was Ntc Norwich traffic control?? Have you come across them before?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    Of course we have. You need to read more of the forum.

You need to read other MIL set aside threads, search the forum. Copy & adapt what people have done last year in getting these set aside.

Hope you are not reading this forum on a phone; you need to view the threads in full.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Coco2447
    • By Coco2447 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Coco2447
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    Oh yes I am reading from a phone wondered why I couldn't see threads people have mentioned ha
    • Ed2000
    • By Ed2000 10th Mar 18, 11:47 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Ed2000
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:47 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:47 PM
    Which parking Co. issued the ticket? I doubt it was MIL, I dont think they have any contracts to manage land.

They buy old tickets. Bottom Feeders.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 10th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 11:58 PM
    Which parking Co. issued the ticket? I doubt it was MIL, I dont think they have any contracts to manage land.

They buy old tickets. Bottom Feeders.
    Originally posted by Ed2000

It was Ntc Norwich traffic control

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203628711-Norwich-Traffic-Control-Ltd
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Ed2000
    • By Ed2000 11th Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Ed2000
    I urge the OP to complain to the DVLA that their personal data (i.e. keeper data) was passed to MIL in breach of the Data Protection Act.

They should also complain to the ICO. casework@ico.org

and the International Parking Community, their Acred' Trade Asc.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Mar 18, 2:18 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    one simple change in UK legislation would shut MIL down overnight

simple:

ONLY CONFIRMED debts via regulated means could be sold , MIL are buying ALLEGED debts from a non regulated company

ok , for credit card Co,s and others , because they are regulated credit , and as such defaults and non payments go on a credit file , the parking cowboys are simply no better that me saying you owe me £500 and then selling your (old) address to MIL
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Mar 18, 2:35 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th Mar 18, 3:28 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    hence my previous comment
    • Ed2000
    • By Ed2000 13th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Ed2000
    I would be interested to know what data dvla released. IMO all the PPC is entitled to is:
    Name
    Address

of Reg Keeper on date of parking event.

Extra data like, make, colour, model, engine size, revenue weight should not be released.
    • 1505grandad
    • By 1505grandad 13th Mar 18, 9:17 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    1505grandad
    When I asked DVLA the same they responded:

Thank you for your e-mail requesting confirmation on a general question.

Regarding your general question I can confirm the following:

I can confirm it is only the keeper’s name and address details supplied covering the exact date of the offence no other personal information is supplied.
    Regarding the vehicle details the, Registration mark, make/model and colour details would be printed on the reply nothing stating the date of first registration to the keeper in question is released.
    • Ed2000
    • By Ed2000 13th Mar 18, 10:32 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Ed2000
    "offence"?

My letter from dvla said more than keeper details for a private pcn.
    • 1505grandad
    • By 1505grandad 14th Mar 18, 9:17 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    1505grandad
    My request was in August 2015.

Maybe contact the DVLA and ask if the system has been changed, when and under what circumstances they now appear to give extra information to the PPC's.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Mar 18, 5:07 PM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    As far as I can recall I wouldn't of given them any details, as I didnt speak to them about the ticket. So if they sold my details on ive got ground for data breech?!
    It was Ntc Norwich traffic control?? Have you come across them before?
    Originally posted by Coco2447
    Have you come back and seen this thread which shows the Order and WS to submit with the N244 and £255 fee to get this set aside (and hopefully, that fee refunded by MIL)?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5814451

DO NOT DELAY. The Judge will have expected you to act very quickly indeed.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,282Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin