Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aliavavodka
    • By aliavavodka 7th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    • 103Posts
    • 21Thanks
    aliavavodka
    Ppi halifax
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:31 PM
    Ppi halifax 7th Mar 18 at 9:31 PM
    Hello can anyone advise me please.
    The ombudsman has upheld my complaint against Halifax.
    Now I had 2 loans, and the ppi payments were 13.75 per month and 20.44 per month, the loans were over 5 years.
    The Halifax have offered 826.11 is this correct?
    Many thanks Alison
Page 1
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 8th Mar 18, 7:24 AM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 885 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:24 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:24 AM
    If you paid all the premiums monthly for the full 5 years and the Ombudsman has agreed you were miss-sold then the refund is not correct and is way too low as you would have paid 2051.40 in PPI premiums. How long ago did the loans start? Did you pay off the loans early? Are you sure this is not a Plevin refund whereby you are reimbursed for excess commissions?
    • aliavavodka
    • By aliavavodka 8th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    aliavavodka
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:34 AM
    Hi
    The loans were in 2001 and 2002, to be honest I think it is a pelvin pay out.
    The letter from the ombudsman only said they upheld my complaint of miss selling. So I wondered if this might be correct, or maybe Halifax have just found a cheaper way to settle?
    Many thanks Alison
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Mar 18, 8:59 AM
    • 16,800 Posts
    • 17,812 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:59 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:59 AM
    So I wondered if this might be correct, or maybe Halifax have just found a cheaper way to settle?
    Originally posted by aliavavodka
    They don't get to choose how much to settle for - redress is defined.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,638Posts Today

8,195Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin