Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dee2008
    • By Dee2008 7th Mar 18, 9:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dee2008
    Can anyone advise?
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:24 PM
    Can anyone advise? 7th Mar 18 at 9:24 PM
    Do you need to update a decreasing life assurance with new medical conditions?

A family member had cancer which was not considered terminal but went through all treatment (no critical illness cover) we therefore did not contact life insurance. Would this make the policy nil and void should (touch wood not) the illness returns. What do we need to do?

Do all new medical conditions need to be reported even though insurance has been in place for 20yrs.

Iím unsure whether you need to update with each new medical condition.

If anyone can advise I would be grateful
Page 1
    • Dee2008
    • By Dee2008 7th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dee2008
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:25 PM
    Touch wood as in the illness does not return.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Mar 18, 10:14 PM
    • 35,573 Posts
    • 19,789 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:14 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:14 PM
    No need to update an existing policy at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin