Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pennie63
    • By Pennie63 7th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Pennie63
    Consent order after failed mediation
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    Consent order after failed mediation 7th Mar 18 at 8:58 PM
    Separated for a few months, husband said he didn't want solicitors involved so I waited. He has failed to deliver any financial support so I have now instructed a solicitor.

She advised we do mediation because it's cheaper etc etc. I did my MIAM and then his appointment was booked.

He failed to show up so I now have to instruct solicitor.

What's the process, does anybody know? Have you been through this?

I just want him to stop lying and support our children.

When is this going to end? Thank you for any advice offered
Page 1
    • anna_1977
    • By anna_1977 8th Mar 18, 9:37 AM
    • 684 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    anna_1977
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:37 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:37 AM
    Go through CMA for the child support? Cheaper than solicitor, you will have to use one of those for the finances (house etc)
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 8th Mar 18, 10:20 AM
    • 2,970 Posts
    • 2,938 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:20 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:20 AM
    Separated for a few months, husband said he didn't want solicitors involved so I waited. He has failed to deliver any financial support so I have now instructed a solicitor.

She advised we do mediation because it's cheaper etc etc. I did my MIAM and then his appointment was booked.

He failed to show up so I now have to instruct solicitor.

What's the process, does anybody know? Have you been through this?

I just want him to stop lying and support our children.

When is this going to end? Thank you for any advice offered
    Originally posted by Pennie63
    You cant get a consent order without consent.

If he's not paying CMS then you can apply for that without solicitor or court. (and it'll be quicker)

But if you're expecting more on top, then you may need to justify ongoing support.
    • Pennie63
    • By Pennie63 8th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pennie63
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    Thank you all for replies.

Trouble is, he's ignoring all communication from solicitor. What a moron!

Have contacted the child support service, maybe I need to speak to them again?

Solicitor has said she can proceed with divorce and then the financial support can happen.

Hopefully!
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 8th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 2,970 Posts
    • 2,938 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:28 PM
    Thank you all for replies.

Trouble is, he's ignoring all communication from solicitor. What a moron!

Have contacted the child support service, maybe I need to speak to them again?

Solicitor has said she can proceed with divorce and then the financial support can happen.

Hopefully!
    Originally posted by Pennie63
    Tbh not stupid, I can pay a solicitor to say whatever I want.

Ignoring the CMS is stupid though
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 6,487 Posts
    • 8,418 Thanks
    TBagpuss
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:38 PM
    Your solicitor is right - once she starts the divorce she can also issue financial proceedings. Once that s done, the court will issue an order telling both of you to file a financial statement (Form E) and giving a deadline for when to do that.

If your husband ignores the court order, he may be ordered to pay towards your costs and, in a worst case scenario if he ignores enough orders for long enough, the court can send him to prison for contempt.

Its also possible for you to apply for short term maintenance until a proper financial settlement is reached - your solicitor will be able to talk you through the options.
    • Pennie63
    • By Pennie63 9th Mar 18, 7:50 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pennie63
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:50 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:50 AM
    Thank you again, helpful to have this platform!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5Posts Today

3,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin