Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Possom
    • By Possom 7th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    • 401Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Possom
    Window Blind which closes Bottom-Up
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:47 PM
    Window Blind which closes Bottom-Up 7th Mar 18 at 8:47 PM
    I'm looking for a window blind (ideally a blackout) which allows the blind to be opened by sliding it towards the bottom of the window, rather than the normal method of towards the top.

Imagine a velux window blind secured at the bottom of the window, rather than the top.

Is there anything like this available, or can a Velux simply be secured at the bottom of the window in order to achieve this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Possom; 07-03-2018 at 9:33 PM.
Page 1
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 8th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 1,560 Thanks
    moonpenny
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:35 AM
    I have been looking for blinds myself on the internet and came across these on a couple of websites.
    Unfortunately, I can't remember which website as I looked at loads but you should be able to find them pretty easily.
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 8th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    • 25,202 Posts
    • 68,808 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 1:02 PM
    There is a company called Hollianna Interiors in based Liverpool; I'm sure I remember them posting a video of something like you describe on one of their social meida channels some time ago.

They may not be local to you but they might give you the name of the specific product that they do.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • Possom
    • By Possom 8th Mar 18, 7:23 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Possom
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:23 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:23 PM
    I have been looking for blinds myself on the internet and came across these on a couple of websites.
    Unfortunately, I can't remember which website as I looked at loads but you should be able to find them pretty easily.
    Originally posted by moonpenny
    I've just found what's called a "bottom up, top down" blind which may have been what you saw. Blackout too.

https://www.selectblinds.com/cellularshades/select-single-cell-blackout-shades.html

Just have to discover if they're stocked in the UK.

Thanks.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 9th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 5,241 Posts
    • 24,219 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 9th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    This looks UK based

https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/top-down-bottom-up-duo/20224/duoshade-dove.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNHR1Mnf2QIV7JztCh2tqA 4IEAQYASABEgLIgvD_BwE
    • Catsacor
    • By Catsacor 10th Mar 18, 7:00 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Catsacor
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:00 AM
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:00 AM
    This is what you're after !
    I have them throughout my home.
    https://www.247blinds.co.uk/ecoshade-pure-conservatory-blind

These are 'clip & fix', so no screwing into the window frame !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

41Posts Today

3,120Users online

Martin's Twitter