Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 7th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    • 147Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Dolly123
    Help to Buy ATP and ATE question...
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:29 PM
    Help to Buy ATP and ATE question... 7th Mar 18 at 8:29 PM
    How long between ATP and ATE is there normally? We are hoping to get ATP early next week, although we've had our Mortgage Offer 2 weeks lol
Page 1
    • Supersy
    • By Supersy 7th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Supersy
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    We have had our mortgage offer nearly a month and still no ATP, House builder has moved date from September to December for build completion so H2B said apply at the end of the month again.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 7th Mar 18, 8:32 PM
    • 17,029 Posts
    • 8,917 Thanks
    ACG
    What is ATP and ATE?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 7th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Dolly123
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    Oh no gutted Supersy! Our house is due for completion in September.

Authority to Proceed and Authority to Exchange ACG
    • ACG
    • By ACG 7th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 17,029 Posts
    • 8,917 Thanks
    ACG
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    I should really know that but as we do not get many new builds around here I am using that as my excuse

Even brokers learn something from this site.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 7th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Dolly123
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    I did think I was surprised you didn't know that! lol!
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 7th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Nicola83
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    We got our ATP through before we got our mortgage offer, which was handy as Barclays wanted a copy of the ATP before issuing the offer. It was roughly 10 days after we got ATP that we got our mortgage offer and as soon as we had that the solicitor applied for ATE which we got 3 days later. I'd be chasing your solicitor to find out what's taking so long.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 8th Mar 18, 9:22 AM
    • 33,557 Posts
    • 18,194 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:22 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:22 AM
    The ATP is issued following submission of the Property Information Form & Reservation.

The ATE is only issued after the solicitor submits further information on the property and the solicitor 1 form, mortgage offer and valuation. They normally only do this when approaching a position to exchange contracts.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,110Posts Today

8,380Users online

Martin's Twitter