Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nicnoc1976
    • By Nicnoc1976 7th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nicnoc1976
    Which credit card to apply for
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    Which credit card to apply for 7th Mar 18 at 6:50 PM
    I want to pay off my car loan with a 0% credit card. Do I get a 0% on purchases or a balance transfer card? I have spoken to the car finance people and they will accept a credit card payment. Looking for one to allow me to pay over around 30mths.
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 7th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 948 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:19 PM
    See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards
    • Nile
    • By Nile 7th Mar 18, 11:23 PM
    • 14,288 Posts
    • 14,251 Thanks
    Nile
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:23 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:23 PM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Credit Cards’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 9th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    • 3,057 Posts
    • 3,977 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    If your finance company accept payments this would mean you need a 0% purchases credit card.

A balance transfer card is for paying off balances with other cards elsewhere.

Maybe have a look here at 0% spending
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/eligibility/credit-cards/#whichcalc
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

424Posts Today

5,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin