Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amteach
    • By amteach 7th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 6Thanks
    amteach
    100 Cashback on Car Insurance
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    100 Cashback on Car Insurance 7th Mar 18 at 3:37 PM
    Just purchased car insurance from Aviva with 100 cashback through Quidco. Quote worked out cheaper than all other 'named' providers that I tried. Note that the offer lasts for 4 days only (from 07/03) and that the minimum excess on their policies is 150, ie with no 'voluntary' excess.
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    • 11,095 Posts
    • 7,915 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 7th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    And how much was your Aviva quote compared to the rest?

I've always found Aviva car insurance to be expensive and generally the savings made shopping around usually outweighs anything you can get via cashback sites.
    • kirkofski
    • By kirkofski 7th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    kirkofski
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:25 PM
    I used top cashback for my house insurance a year or so back. The quote from morethan came in at 90 for the year and we got 60 cash back. It quoted and took almost 9 months to get the cash back but we did get it.

The 90 quote was competitive with other quotes so we did well out of it.
    • uknick
    • By uknick 8th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 761 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    uknick
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    My other half also made use of the Top cashback offer and received about 50 back against her car policy, which made it the best value for her. I can't say the cheapest because she has certain criteria the policy has to meet.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 8th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5,979 Posts
    • 2,718 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 11:13 AM
    Aviva is now only at 80 cashback on Quidco. Not like it matters as they are always like 200 dearer than the cheapest quotes.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 8th Mar 18, 8:41 PM
    • 27,218 Posts
    • 10,964 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:41 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:41 PM
    Just purchased car insurance from Aviva with 100 cashback through Quidco. Quote worked out cheaper than all other 'named' providers that I tried. Note that the offer lasts for 4 days only (from 07/03) and that the minimum excess on their policies is 150, ie with no 'voluntary' excess.
    Originally posted by amteach
    The quote i got from them last year had a zero compulsory excess and zero voluntary.

Is the 150 compulsory for you or for that deal?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,144Posts Today

7,961Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin