Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • betweenarockandhardplace
    • By betweenarockandhardplace 7th Mar 18, 3:20 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 8Thanks
    betweenarockandhardplace
    MSE Credit Club problems
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:20 PM
    MSE Credit Club problems 7th Mar 18 at 3:20 PM
    I had a MSE credit club account which was all working and verified by Experian and I made a pretty silly mistake.

I needed to see whether a credit account had been updated and I was impatient and couldnít wait for the monthly update which was in 2 weeks time

I thought I was being clever by deleting my Credit Club account and attempting to sign back up again to get a new refreshed report... I was wrong...

I have entered all the details that were exactly the same on my first registration for credit club yet Experian cannot verify my identity yet I am now unhappily paying Experian £15 a month for there credit expert membership so I can access my credit report, for some reason Experian wonít let me order a £2 report saying I fail ID checks every time but yet I have a fully working credit expert account with them!

Basically after trying to sign back up at least 3 times in the last few months they canít verify who I am now and itís my own stupid fault!

Can anyone on MSE help me at all? Iíve been verified before but now it wonít work!
    Good things come to those who wait...

House Deposit Savings: £450/£10,000
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    Where is the verification failing?

When you have to answer the multiple choice questions?
    • tessiesmummy
    • By tessiesmummy 7th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    tessiesmummy
    • 7th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    why do you keep trying anyway? log in to one of your already verified accounts and wait for the next report. nothings gonna change that drastically in 2 weeks.
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5789716 Debt Free Wannabe
    • By betweenarockandhardplace 7th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    betweenarockandhardplace
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    I think you misunderstood, I deleted my account and when I tried to sign back up I canít pass verification when all the answers I give are correct

• boo_star
    • By boo_star 7th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:09 PM
    I think you misunderstood, I deleted my account and when I tried to sign back up I canít pass verification when all the answers I give are correct
    Originally posted by betweenarockandhardplace
    The only thing I can suggest is to contact them via their email at creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com

However...

If you have any queries or concerns about the operation of Credit Club, you can email us at creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your Credit Report ID.

Please note that because this a secure account, we won't be able to look at your account or reset your password for you (there's an automated process that allows you do to this). We also can't give advice about your Experian Credit Report, or any products.
    Iím not sure if that means they canít access specifics, or if they canít even see they exist.

I imagine it wouldnít hurt to ask anyway.
    • By betweenarockandhardplace 8th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    betweenarockandhardplace
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:57 AM
    It doesnít let me get to the multiple choice questions, it just says we need to do further checks then then 2 days later says Iíve failed the checks

• MSE Chris
    • By MSE Chris 8th Mar 18, 9:14 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    MSE Chris
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:14 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 9:14 AM
    It doesnít let me get to the multiple choice questions, it just says we need to do further checks then then 2 days later says Iíve failed the checks
    Originally posted by betweenarockandhardplace
    Hi,

If you're seeing the "Pending Verification" message, this means that based on the info you provided, Experian wasn't able to full verify your ID and needs to carry out further checks. These usually take around 2 days to complete but we've seen instances where users get stuck at this step. If after 2 days, you're still seeing this message, email us on CreditClub@moneysavingexpert.com with your full name, address, date of birth and email address used to register and we can ask Experian to look into it for you.

I hope this helps explain but let me know if you have any questions.
    • By betweenarockandhardplace 8th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    betweenarockandhardplace
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    Thank you Chris I have sent an email now

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter