Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • r2015
    • By r2015 7th Mar 18, 12:53 PM
    • 995Posts
    • 275Thanks
    r2015
    0 WOW
    Cruise to Sweden
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:53 PM
    0 WOW
    Cruise to Sweden 7th Mar 18 at 12:53 PM
    Anyone been on a cruise to Sweden recently?

Did you take any Swedish krona or rely on your credit/debit card?

I'm going in May.
    Heading towards 72 and getting even more forgetful and confused and tending to ramble even more.
    If you think I've asked this before I probably have.
Page 1
    • Neil49
    • By Neil49 7th Mar 18, 5:28 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 622 Thanks
    Neil49
    • 7th Mar 18, 5:28 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 5:28 PM
    I used my Monzo card all over Stockholm when visiting on a cruise without any problems until it came to using the toilet.

Those in shopping centres and department stores are chargeable so make sure you go wherever they are free, such as coffee shops, restaurants etc.

Don't expect to walk into a coffee shop or somewhere like McDonald's and just use the facilities as many require a code to open the door.
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7,472 Posts
    • 5,955 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    We visited Stockholm last year. Not only are credit and debit cards accepted everywhere, some outlets now refuse to take cash at all.

Even the street vendors selling ice creams, hotdogs etc all take card.

If you are going to Stockholm the cruise in and out of the city is awe inspiring.
    • Shikakui
    • By Shikakui 11th Apr 18, 8:48 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Shikakui
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:48 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:48 PM
    You can use credit cards everywhere.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

6,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin