Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toddy994
    • By toddy994 7th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    toddy994
    Unable to cancel gym membership
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    Unable to cancel gym membership 7th Mar 18 at 12:23 PM
    Hi All,

First post here, hoping someone can help.

I am a member of a gym and have been for 8 months or so, I want to cancel my membership as the standards of the gym are very poor. I have emailed them but they have rejected my request to cancel. I have spoken to the management company and they say I need to complete my contract.

What can I do, how can I get out. I really don't want to have to go there anymore, its terrible.

I have said about the consumer rights act 2015 but they just dismissed it as "the gym is up to standards"

Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 16,849 Posts
    • 17,861 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    You will need to be much more specific as to how they have failed to fulfil their side of the contract.
    • toddy994
    • By toddy994 7th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    toddy994
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:29 PM
    They moved premise and the facilities have never been finished.

There is mold, damaged equipment which isnt maintained. Half complete shower room. No air con or heating, wet floors from condensation. Half finished studios with walls missing.

I could give a list of problems. But they wont accept it
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 9th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,654 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:57 PM
    They moved premise and the facilities have never been finished.

There is mold, damaged equipment which isnt maintained. Half complete shower room. No air con or heating, wet floors from condensation. Half finished studios with walls missing.

I could give a list of problems. But they wont accept it
    Originally posted by toddy994
    Take photos and keep a diary.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin