Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buel10
    • By buel10 7th Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    • 223Posts
    • 26Thanks
    buel10
    Help with employer and childcare vouchers?
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:16 AM
    Help with employer and childcare vouchers? 7th Mar 18 at 10:16 AM
    Hi all.
    I’ve asked my employer for help with childcare vouchers as I’m not sure what I need to do.
    They replied asking if I had ‘completed the on-line application directly with Computer Share Voucher Scheme?’

According to a site I have been looking at, it says ‘To join your employer's Childcare Vouchers scheme you first of all need to complete a salary sacrifice agreement. After your agreement has been submitted to your employer, they will reduce your salary by the requested amount and arrange for vouchers to be provided to you.‘

Is my employer correct with what they are stating, please?
Page 1
    • Diamandis
    • By Diamandis 7th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Diamandis
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    You just need to ask your employer for their ID then you sign up online.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 7th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 4,686 Posts
    • 3,515 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 3:42 PM
    https://myaccount.computersharevoucherservices.com/Parent/ParentRegistration.aspx
    • buel10
    • By buel10 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    buel10
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    Hi and thank you for this!
    Please can I check something - so long as I register and choose any amount (I was thinking £20 because we won't need the vouchers until October), I can always increase the amount at a later date?
    • Paparika
    • By Paparika 7th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 2,329 Posts
    • 2,229 Thanks
    Paparika
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    Yes you can.

The orders for March are almost done, some employers have already closed their orders for March. BUT

The options are that Computershare can ask your employer if they would mind raising an additional order, or if the order is still open would they add you on.

You need to have a scheme id (computershare can find it for you if you can't get that from your employer)
    Your payrol id / employee id
    National Insurance number
    You will also need to know your gross annual salary or have the latest payslip with you when you register online or call Computershare.

If you are a basic tax payer you can claim up to £243.
    The minimum amount you could choose is £20 or lower if your employer allows (some do)

Make sure you ask about your employers cut off dates. So as and when you raise or lower the voucher amount, you do it before the cut off dates to have it for that month.
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
    • buel10
    • By buel10 7th Mar 18, 11:34 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    buel10
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:34 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:34 PM
    Thank you so much for that!

One query - the website that my employer supplied me with is https://www.computershare.com and not https://myaccount.computersharevoucherservices.com/Parent/ParentRegistration.aspx

What is the difference, please?
    • Paparika
    • By Paparika 7th Mar 18, 11:50 PM
    • 2,329 Posts
    • 2,229 Thanks
    Paparika
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:50 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:50 PM
    https://myaccount.computersharevoucherservices.com/Parent/ParentRegistration.aspx

this is the website to register, your employer obviously was not paying attention when giving you the website. Did they give you the scheme id number? if yes proceed with online registration.

If not give computershare a call. open 8am - 6.30pm
    the lines are busy, but do hang in there.

So a little side note, you need to enter an email address, its so you can be notified when your vouchers have been created, it's to prompt you to pay your carer or just a heads up that the vouchers are there if you are saving them.

All online emails, gmail, googlemail, hotmail, live etc etc all put these emails in the spam/junkmail folder so you need to mark these emails as safe, not spam or phishing.
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

772Posts Today

7,162Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin