Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DHollowelll
    • By DHollowelll 7th Mar 18, 8:59 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DHollowelll
    Europe or World Cover - Travel ins.
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:59 AM
    Europe or World Cover - Travel ins. 7th Mar 18 at 8:59 AM
    I am planning on a cruise to Spitsbergen in the Svalbard archipelago. Which type of cover do I need Europe or world?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 35,594 Posts
    • 19,809 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    You need cruise insurance (Svalbard is covered by Europe travel insurance )
    • stokesley
    • By stokesley 7th Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    stokesley
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:59 PM
    You need cruise insurance (Svalbard is covered by Europe travel insurance )
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Make sure you're covered for helivac and repatriation, as well as the usual medical expenses.

Most cruise insurers offers extra cover, for example for being confined to cabin due to illness, cancelling excursions due to illness, change of ports etc. We never bother, but you may wish to.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 8th Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 556 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:00 PM
    As above make sure you have cruise cover as god forbid you have to be airlifted of the boat by helecopter when you recover you will have to sell a kidney/your house and one of your grandchildren to pay the bill,only kidding but the bill will be very high without the correct insurance
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,869Posts Today

8,793Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin