Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KEV B
    • By KEV B 7th Mar 18, 8:28 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KEV B
    Default Judgment Letter Re CEL Parking
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:28 AM
    Default Judgment Letter Re CEL Parking 7th Mar 18 at 8:28 AM
    Help Please
    having received a couple of fines over the years and just ignoring them i told my wife to do the same with one she received for taking business colleagues to the hote they were staying at.
    Today she received a judgment in default from County Court Business Centre in Northampton.
    She is freaking out, as she works in the finance industry and needs a clear credit rating and is intending to pay the 351!!!!
    I must say the letter looks fake but i've checked the phone number for the court on gov website and its correct. The court stamp is printed not a stamp?
    There is a claim number but no where any details as to what the judgment is for..although we know what it is for.
    So do we phone the court? Pay the fine?
    Looking at the newbies post it suggests i start i thread urgently from what i can make out.
    I have tried to look at moneyclaim.gov but as my wife is already on the government gateway for her work i don't seem to be able to find anything to do with court as it all relates to her business.This is probably user error i am sure as i am not used to legal matters like this.
    Urgent help greatly appreciated
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 18,019 Posts
    • 28,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    One thing i cant see from the newbies thread...what would you expect to happen from defence?
    Do you mean from the 'initial appeal'?

Almost certainly a rejection and a POPLA Code (if a BPA operator - which Horizon is). The only PPC that routinely cancels at the sight of the forum initial appeal template is Tesco's preferred parking contractor - Highview. Sometimes CEL also run away at the initial appeal.

In terms of complaining to Sainsbury's- I would write to the CEO.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 10:04 AM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    interesting to see there don't seem to be any examples of sainsburies cancelling one
    There are, try searching 'Horizon Sainsburys cancelled'
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Quentin
    If you need further advice on this new PCN then start a new thread.

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post #20 to remove details of who was driving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,361Users online

Martin's Twitter