Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • koiboy
    • By koiboy 7th Mar 18, 5:26 AM
    • 134Posts
    • 25Thanks
    koiboy
    looking for an android tablet with a good camera
    • 7th Mar 18, 5:26 AM
    looking for an android tablet with a good camera 7th Mar 18 at 5:26 AM
    Hi folks i want a tablet i can take on my travels with a good camera i have been told that tablet cameras are poor quality but there must be some with good quality cameras that take brilliant photos
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 7th Mar 18, 7:33 AM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 1,032 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:33 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 7:33 AM
    You might have more luck with answers in the Tech forum:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 7th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    • 4,280 Posts
    • 9,648 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:32 AM
    The reason you were told that about tablet cameras is to do with the size of the lens and the size of the sensor. Look at an SLR camera - on a full frame one the sensor is 35mm across and the lens opening a fair bit bigger than that so a lot of light comes in. On a phone or tablet the lens is a few mm across and the sensor a similar size - it's working with much less light so it is making compromises along the way.

You can still take brilliant photos with a tablet or phone, but that will be brilliant composition because you're a really good photographer and it won't be down to the hardware you are using.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Iamzee
    • By Iamzee 8th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Iamzee
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:00 PM
    There are only a few good mobile companies out there that sport a good quality of camera but are not at every tab version they introduce. Try looking at the latest huawei and samsung model tabs on youtube. I have a samsung from 2014 and the camera is better than most.
    • Jaymie kate
    • By Jaymie kate 9th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    Jaymie kate
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 12:43 PM
    Check out Huawei media pad or Lenovo yoga tab 3. Wanted to get the media pad but ended up with the Lenova yoga. Still both got very decent cameras.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 9th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 7,374 Posts
    • 2,991 Thanks
    almillar
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    No, use your phone. If you're actually going to spend money on this, upgrade your phone. There are no tablets with 'good' cameras that a phone won't beat. There's simply more investment in the phones.
    I'll anticipate a question - it's hard to see photos on the phone screen.
    Not a problem, mostly. Phone screens are bigger and better than ever. And if you want to view it on a tablet screen (and get a nice high resolution one), then Google Photos on your phone and tablet will sync the photos taken on the phone, onto the cloud, and back down onto the tablet. If you have WiFi.
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 10th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 2,281 Posts
    • 3,084 Thanks
    Robisere
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    No, use your phone. If you're actually going to spend money on this, upgrade your phone. There are no tablets with 'good' cameras that a phone won't beat. There's simply more investment in the phones.
    I'll anticipate a question - it's hard to see photos on the phone screen.
    Not a problem, mostly. Phone screens are bigger and better than ever. And if you want to view it on a tablet screen (and get a nice high resolution one), then Google Photos on your phone and tablet will sync the photos taken on the phone, onto the cloud, and back down onto the tablet. If you have WiFi.
    Originally posted by almillar
    Exactly what I do, also I can check and edit photos from my desktop or OH's laptop, using our shared Google Photo accounts. If a Google account is on all your devices, it's all easy.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,141Posts Today

8,211Users online

Martin's Twitter