Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stkilo1984
    • By stkilo1984 7th Mar 18, 12:26 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stkilo1984
    Flight Delay Compensation
    • 7th Mar 18, 12:26 AM
    Flight Delay Compensation 7th Mar 18 at 12:26 AM
    hi

i went on hols with flying RYANAIR the flight coming in was 23min late we miss our slot then flew and diverted to manchester due to weather in east midlands and had to be sent back the EMA via coach at 2.30 am waiting in airport from landing there no reps like they said striaght away no food or drink offered
    DO I HAVE A VAILD CLAIM DETAILS OF FLIGHT BELOW

03 Mar 2018 Alicante (ALC) East Midlands (EMA) B738 (EI-EVR) - 10:00 PM 11:20 PM 11:45 PM, Diverted to MAN

STEF
Page 1
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 7th Mar 18, 8:02 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:02 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:02 AM
    Doubtful. Diversion due to bad weather would be extraordinary circumstances. How late were you taking off?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th Mar 18, 11:11 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:11 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:11 PM
    hi

i went on hols with flying RYANAIR the flight coming in was 23min late we miss our slot then flew and diverted to manchester due to weather in east midlands and had to be sent back the EMA via coach at 2.30 am waiting in airport from landing there no reps like they said striaght away no food or drink offered
    DO I HAVE A VAILD CLAIM DETAILS OF FLIGHT BELOW

03 Mar 2018 Alicante (ALC) East Midlands (EMA) B738 (EI-EVR) - 10:00 PM 11:20 PM 11:45 PM, Diverted to MAN

STEF
    Originally posted by stkilo1984
    Hi Stef,

Put your flight details into this delay calculator to see if they feel you have a valid claim.

https://www.bottonline.co.uk/flight-delay-compensation/calculator

You cannot always believe what the airlines tell you.

Other aircraft were landing and departing right up till midnight so even if there was a problem with the weather after that time, you may be due compensation.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 8th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 2,872 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    Don't think you'll have a claim here.

Your flight departed ALC at around 23:20 (around 1 hour 20 mins late). It looks as if you diverted to Manchester due to weather. East Midlands weather reports show snow for most of the evening, and very low cloud and poor visibility at the time you would have arrived.

Flight trackers show your flight did route towards East Midlands initially, but overflew and headed off to Manchester. Nobody else was landing at East Midlands at that time either - and Birmingham flights were also diverting to Manchester and other airports due to snow and poor weather there as well.

You landed at Manchester at around 00:45. You say you waited until 02:30 for coaches. To be honest with you that's not bad going for them to have that arranged. I'm sure you were tired and Manchester was the last place you needed to be - but it could've been a lot worse.

The weather last week was widely reported so I think Ryanair can claim extraordinary circumstances. And to be fair to them they can't be held accountable for "the beast from the east".
    Last edited by bagand96; 08-03-2018 at 7:24 PM.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 8th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    Don't think you'll have a claim here.

Your flight departed ALC at around 23:20 (around 1 hour 20 mins late).

The weather last week was widely reported so I think Ryanair can claim extraordinary circumstances. And to be fair to them they can't be held accountable for "the beast from the east".
    Originally posted by bagand96
    Aircraft movements, in or out, at EMA were at 21.35, 21.45, 21.50, 22.30, 22.45, 23.30, 23.31 and finally 23.53.

The point I was hinting at was, that if the op had departed 1.5hrs earlier, ie on time, they would have not been diverted to Manchester and further delayed, as EMA was open and operational at that time.

Thats why I think the op may still have a claim and why I suggested checking with Botts. Their claim calculator database includes weather data from every airport, so it should be quite accurate in this case.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5Posts Today

3,976Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin