Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LocoLoco
    • By LocoLoco 6th Mar 18, 11:52 PM
    • 210Posts
    • 258Thanks
    LocoLoco
    Confused About Universal Credit
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:52 PM
    Confused About Universal Credit 6th Mar 18 at 11:52 PM
    Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help?

We are moving at some point this year to a different county. I read that a house move to a new area would count as a change of circs and therefore trigger a UC claim but when I put the numbers into a benefit calculator it wouldn't calculate at UC rates as the area I'm moving to isn't due to go live until next summer (2019). Does anyone know if we'd automatically change over when we move this year or if it wouldn't happen until next year?

With that in mind, I was looking at the list of rates on this site:

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Universal-Credit-Rates

Does anyone know if that includes your rent payment or is your LHA amount on top of that?

The other thing that confused me is that on the above chart there's a listing for a Carer's Element. On the next page it says Carer's Allowance is paid separately - so is Carer's Element instead of Carer's Allowance or a different thing altogether?

Sorry for the questions but I'm not finding it very clear on the various websites. Many thanks in advance
Page 1
    • konark
    • By konark 7th Mar 18, 1:29 AM
    • 1,005 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    konark
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:29 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:29 AM
    If the area you move to isn't 'live' you will stay on legacy benefits unless you meet the 'Gateway' conditions which are usually, single, no HB, no children.
    • LocoLoco
    • By LocoLoco 7th Mar 18, 6:32 AM
    • 210 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    LocoLoco
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:32 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:32 AM
    If the area you move to isn't 'live' you will stay on legacy benefits unless you meet the 'Gateway' conditions which are usually, single, no HB, no children.
    Originally posted by konark
    That's helpful, Konark, thank you, one less thing to worry about
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

874Posts Today

6,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin