Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UserNameHere
    • By UserNameHere 6th Mar 18, 11:05 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    UserNameHere
    Napier /BWLegal letter for PCN
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:05 PM
    Napier /BWLegal letter for PCN 6th Mar 18 at 11:05 PM
    Hi,
    My wife has received a letter from Napier parking and BWLegal requesting 150 for non payment of her account, which is in relation to a parking charge notice.

The letter is dated 27th Feb 2018 with the alleged offence being 17th December 2017. No windscreen sticker was given and this is the first notice we have received regarding this ticket. The offence is failure to display a valid ticket/permit.
    We did move house and only recently (2-3 weeks ago) change the address of the car registration so it's possible that it was sent to the old address (however there was a postal redirection in place until mid January). The letter is also addressed to her maiden name, which I believe was changed with the DVLA previously, so not sure where they got the name and address combination from. She was not in the car on the date of the offence.

The letter claims if we fail to pay in 16 days or provide reason for non payment they will seek clients instruction to being legal proceedings which may result in a letter of claim.

What would be the best course of action to fight this? Does this count as just a debt collector letter and to be ignored or a response on the lines of my wife is only the registered keeper and send he template letter etc?
    We have not received any evidence to support the charge (i.e. No photo's, don't know what time it was recorded etc), is this something that should be requested?

I tried to look through the newbies guide, but couldn't be sure which instance applied (having not actually received the PCN and gone straight to debt collector/solicitor letter and missed whole appeal period).

Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,073 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    Search the forum for: Napier BW Legal and read all the other threads, that will help to inform you and you will see BW Legal are renowned as easy to beat, dreadfully disorganised robo-claim solicitors.

Do the search and there are several to read already, saves us repeating ourselves.

The letter claims if we fail to pay in 16 days or provide reason for non payment they will seek clients instruction to being legal proceedings which may result in a letter of claim.
    Then that is NOT a letter of claim or LBCCC, but you (not you, the recipient rk, in fact) can use it to ask for evidence, all photos taken, all notes made by the parking attendant, and all letters sent because no windscreen sticker was given and this is the first notice we have received regarding this ticket.

And she can use the chance to state your correct address for service so she misses no important letter.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 27,818 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:12 AM
    When changing name (or address) the DVLA has to be informed twice, once for the driving licence (which would be the obvious one for a name change), and once for the update to the V5C (aka logbook), which is the source from where the PPC gets its information. There is no automatic read-across between the driving licence and V5C.

Maybe the reason for the NtK being served in your wife's maiden name?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

411Posts Today

5,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin