Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jisher1883
    • By Jisher1883 6th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jisher1883
    Parking charge UKPC
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    Parking charge UKPC 6th Mar 18 at 10:38 PM
    Got a notice from UKPC saying I was in a McDonald's car park for 1 hour 36 minutes I don't know if this is correct as I the registered keeper was not There. Their notice states the maximum stay time is 1 hour 26 minutes. But this contradicts their signage which says 90 minutes. I have told them due to incorrect information I am not appealing and not willing to pay. I don't expect these criminals to cancel on appeal so if it came to court would my argument stand up . Any help appreciated
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 57,525 Posts
    • 71,110 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:39 PM
    Yes, but why not just win at POPLA to crush it completely? See the NEWBIES thread. Appeal.

Or, complain to the BPA and Trading Standards and your MP if you want to drop UKPC in it. I would!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Jisher1883
    • By Jisher1883 6th Mar 18, 10:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jisher1883
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:42 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:42 PM
    So basically because they have provided false and incorrect maximum wait times their charge is invalid because the signage says 90 minutes. I am awaiting the popla outcome but I was unsure my argument would stand up.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 10:43 PM
    • 57,525 Posts
    • 71,110 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:43 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:43 PM
    What did you put in your POPLA appeal? Thought you said you refused to appeal?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Jisher1883
    • By Jisher1883 6th Mar 18, 10:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jisher1883
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:47 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:47 PM
    This is what I sent UKPC. I have never had a fine before so actually I think I am awaiting UKPC appeal decision.

This is not an appeal. Regarding parking charge notice 9155618023883. I will not be making payment due to the parking charge notice being invalid as a result of incorect details.

Though the notice is the result of allegedly Parking in excess of the maximum stay time, I argue that the notice failed to adequately conform to the regulations. Specifically, the notice was in breach as it lacked the correct details in relation to the reason for the ticket:

What the notice stated: The maximum stay time of 1 hour 26 minutes (see attached picture)

What the information should be: Maximum stay time of 90 minutes (as according to your signage in McDonald's car park Huddersfield Leeds Road, see attached picture)

I believe that UKPC should exercise fairness in cancelling a notice that, according to the guidance, is perfectly justified to be cancelled.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    • 57,525 Posts
    • 71,110 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    Resubmit it on the appeals page and remove 'this is not an appeal'.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Mar 18, 10:59 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:59 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:59 PM
    UKPC are fraudsters, read this

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 06-03-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,054Posts Today

5,718Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin