Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jj jerferson
    • By jj jerferson 6th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jj jerferson
    ****help unsuccessful appeal****
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    ****help unsuccessful appeal**** 6th Mar 18 at 9:29 PM
    Hi, All am a newbie here,
    parked in mecca bingo sale car park 3 weeks paid 2pounds for 8hr 30mins but the machine printed 1pound ticket each approximately 1hr 30min for 1pound. that was the last coin with me and wish not to pay more for a company that is making so much with parking charges. few weeks later got a parking charge notice from parking eye, felt it was common sense to see the ticket was purchased as the amount paid for was got splitted into 1pound each instead of 2pound for 8hrs +. The parking charge notice was appealed online and attached the 2 tickets for 1pound each and also gave my details because, felt it will be a straightforward issue to deal with, but seems not. Got an email back that my appeal was unsuccessful due to me insufficient time bought. can some pls help as i will go about the appeal via POPLA.

With the view, i paid the right amount but the ticket machine gave me 2 tickets with sequence ticket number of 345 & 346 and time 7:26am & 7.27am.

can anyone help on how to go about the appeal with popla
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,041 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    Yes, it's all laid out on post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

You will just need to start with a point you write yourself, describing what happened, and showing scans of both tickets purchased, and telling POPLA that the machine failed, not you.

What a shame you gave away who was driving, if this PCN was received over 2 weeks later and had nothing about the POFA on the back...? 100% winning appeal but too late to even use that now, if so.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2018 at 9:54 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    • 36,811 Posts
    • 83,297 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:42 PM
    Use all the template appeal points available to you from post 3 of the NEWBIES thread.

Hopefully you didn't reveal the driver's identity, but if you did then you can't use non POFA complaint NTK.

Get photos of the entrance and signs around he car park to use in your appeal.

What happened when you complained to MECCA?

Complain to your MP as well.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 06-03-2018 at 9:45 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

6,204Users online

Martin's Twitter