Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gigantor
    • By gigantor 6th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gigantor
    Banks PPI questionnaire or Resolver?
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:50 PM
    Banks PPI questionnaire or Resolver? 6th Mar 18 at 8:50 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have just received a PPI claim questionnaire from the bank. They sent all loan numbers as well as credit card number.

I am confused, as I just read about 'Resolver' on this site.

Should I complete the bank's questionnaire, or opt for Resolver instead?.

Many thanks for your advice
Page 1
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 6th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:56 PM
    Complete the questionnaire.

Resolver is just a third party that submits your information to the bank.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 92,620 Posts
    • 59,937 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:01 PM
    Use the questionnaire. It removes the extra hops that resolver introduces.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • gigantor
    • By gigantor 6th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gigantor
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:11 PM
    Thank you very much

PPI clam against Bank of Scotland, welcome finance and capital one.

am about to make a claim against the above. I have received claim doc from BoS to fill and return within 14days.

Also, I have previously claimed bank charges from welcome finance and capital one some years ago. I have lost all the paperwork. Can I still make a claim for PPI against them?

Thanks a million
    • gigantor
    • By gigantor 6th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gigantor
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    Understand. Many thanks
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 92,620 Posts
    • 59,937 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:13 PM
    am about to make a claim against the above. I have received claim doc from BoS to fill and return within 14days.
    You may want to save yourself time and use the FOS form:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ppi/im-looking-for-your-ppi-forms.html

Look at section "PPI questionnaire" and click on the word version. This will download the FOS template (which all the banks base theirs on). You can then fill the bulk of the detail in once without having to repeat.

Also, I have previously claimed bank charges from welcome finance and capital one some years ago. I have lost all the paperwork. Can I still make a claim for PPI against them?
    yes
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • gigantor
    • By gigantor 7th Mar 18, 10:41 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gigantor
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:41 PM
    Banks PPI questionnaire or Resolver
    • 7th Mar 18, 10:41 PM
    'You may want to save yourself time and use the FOS form:'

'Look at section "PPI questionnaire" and click on the word version. This will download the FOS template (which all the banks base theirs on). You can then fill the bulk of the detail in once without having to repeat'.

Thanks a million.

So would you say it is better to use the FOS form instead of the bank's questionnaire, as previously advised?.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 7th Mar 18, 11:21 PM
    • 92,620 Posts
    • 59,937 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:21 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 11:21 PM
    The bank form is their take on the FOS form. You will find them very similar. Its just the the word version on the FOS site should save you a bit of time as you can reuse the form with each provider/bank.

The firms must accept the information regardless of the way you supply it. As long as it is readable.
    • gigantor
    • By gigantor 8th Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gigantor
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    Great. Many thanks for all your advice.
    • gigantor
    • By gigantor 12th Mar 18, 10:30 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gigantor
    Hi,

I have just completed the FOS PPI consumer questionnaire. Do I need to write or attach a cover letter before sending it?

Kind Regards
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Mar 18, 10:34 PM
    • 20,154 Posts
    • 11,097 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Do I need to write or attach a cover letter before sending it?
    Originally posted by gigantor
    Your choice.

There is no requirement.

Just make sure the form is correctly addressed and contains all the relevant information.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,065Posts Today

7,784Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin