Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miss.t.howe
    • By miss.t.howe 6th Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    miss.t.howe
    Experian Credit Expert New Format
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    Experian Credit Expert New Format 6th Mar 18 at 7:39 PM
    I really hope I can get some help or information fromanyone on here

Iíve had an absolute nightmare with Experian, with my credit expert subscription.

The advisors at the company have told me they have changed the format of the report, for 20% of new customers and will not change it back for the foreseeable future.

My financial advisor wonít accept the new report because the information on it isnít clear. I have taken this to the financial ombudsmen but I really want to know if this whole new report even exists. I have searched the internet to see if anyone else has complained about this as I find it very strange that the new report isnít causing anyone else this much hassle. I cannot find any other news or posts or any updates to say Experian has changed the format to the reports.

Maybe Iím over-reacting but I am trying to get a mortgage with my partner and itís really preventing me from being able to plan my finances out with my financial advisor.

If anyone can shine some light on this in anyway I will be grateful.
    Thanks
    Tania
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 16,831 Posts
    • 17,829 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    Get a new financial advisor.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 6th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    What is your FA looking for on your report?

And why are you paying experian for something you can get free from MSE?
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th Mar 18, 10:42 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 2,239 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:42 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:42 PM
    I really hope I can get some help or information fromanyone on here

Iíve had an absolute nightmare with Experian, with my credit expert subscription.

The advisors at the company have told me they have changed the format of the report, for 20% of new customers and will not change it back for the foreseeable future.
    Originally posted by miss.t.howe
    Are you printing the full report and not a summary?

Send Experian a cheque for £2 and ask for a Statutory Report: http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html. That should show everything.
    • miss.t.howe
    • By miss.t.howe 7th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    miss.t.howe
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    I don't want a different financial advisor. He's one of the best in the UK.
    All I want to know is if someone else is experiencing this problem too.

On the new report is doesn't show the payments like the original one does in a grid. There is no other format to download. I'm not sending cheques out all the time for my report either... I don't even have a cheque book. Who still deals with cheques anyway.

ALL I WANT IS ACCESS TO THE REPORT I USED TO GET
    IS THIS SO HARD TO DO???

I have had a Jason from MSE show me where I can access the reports through MSE, which has been helpful but still, why wont Experian just go back to how it used to be? I should be able to log into my account and download my most recent report rather than requesting ones in the post because they're the correct format...
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:44 PM
    Because Experian can do as they wish with their system.
    And they've got you hook line and sinker as you're paying them £15 per month for the privilege!
    • EmergencyNurse
    • By EmergencyNurse 8th Mar 18, 3:29 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    EmergencyNurse
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:29 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 3:29 AM
    All I want to know is if someone else is experiencing this problem too.

On the new report is doesn't show the payments like the original one does in a grid. There is no other format to download. I'm not sending cheques out all the time for my report either... I don't even have a cheque book. Who still deals with cheques anyway.

ALL I WANT IS ACCESS TO THE REPORT I USED TO GET
    IS THIS SO HARD TO DO???

I have had a Jason from MSE show me where I can access the reports through MSE, which has been helpful but still, why wont Experian just go back to how it used to be? I should be able to log into my account and download my most recent report rather than requesting ones in the post because they're the correct format...
    I last downloaded my full report on 18th Feb. Mine still showed a grid system including outstanding amounts. I no longer have a subscription so I can't double check. I'd been a customer since 2009
    Last edited by EmergencyNurse; 08-03-2018 at 3:34 AM.
    Debt March 2018 £27,596 DMP Start June 2018 Debt Free Date 2022
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 8th Mar 18, 10:33 AM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 796 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:33 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:33 AM
    Experian, like any company can change the format - they often do it as an "improved service". They often do it for a subset and then roll it out to everyone (facebook etc do it). If your FA is one of the best, then why is it causing so much bother (who told you they were one of the best??) surely they should be able to extract the relevant info. Once Experian roll it out to everyone what will your Financial Advisor do then?

Do you download the full PDF format?
    • takman
    • By takman 8th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    • 3,319 Posts
    • 2,905 Thanks
    takman
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    • 8th Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    From what you have said so far he is NOT a good financial advisor and sounds pretty useless. The first thing he has got you to do is pay for something you can get for free then can't even understand it because the format is changed. You really need to ditch him before he wastes any more of your money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,667Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin