Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 3Thanks
    hatescammers146
    Need some advice please :-(
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    Need some advice please :-( 6th Mar 18 at 6:37 PM
    Hi all,

Firstly, I!!!8217;m soo sorry if this has been covered before.

I have received a parking charge notice from smart parking, within 14 days.

Basically, the driver parked without a ticket for 19 minutes, whilst waiting to pick up someone who had gone to the market.

Its not an asda, tesco, matalan etc car park. its just a small slot near a market.

Should I just pay the 60 or appeal using the template on here?

I was about to click send for the appeal process today when I realised the evidence on smart parking website. There x2 colour pictures from the ANPR cameras and you can clearly see the driver driving in!

So, should go ahead and send the below template off within 14 days?

Thanks to all in advance & sorry once again.
    (my head hurts thinking about all this)
    Last edited by hatescammers146; 30-03-2018 at 9:55 PM.
Page 1
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 6:38 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:38 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:38 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.
    Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the BPA Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal in your contract, for a sum not less than 250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

Yours faithfully,

my name & address
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:50 PM
    Obviously, people are expected to manage to edit this to suit:
    If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.
    Remove this:
    Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the BPA Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, for example) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal in your contract, for a sum not less than 250 for any Data Protection Act breach.
    No need for a thread, do as the NEWBIES thread says (which does not mention 14 days). DO NOT tell us 'but the discount...'!!!!

Just follow the sticky, not sure what your question actually is, as long as this was in England/Wales.

We know what we are doing.

Smart Parking are 100% beatable at POPLA (yes EVERY SINGLE TIME) by a keeper who doesn't say who was driving. It will be cancelled by Easter.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2018 at 6:52 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 7,713 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:52 PM
    Yes, send that appeal.

So they have a picture of the driver. They have absolutely no idea what the keeper looks like, do they?

I suggest you edit the your first post so that the third sentence looks something like:
    Basically, I am the registered keeper and the driver parked without a ticket for 19 minutes, whilst waiting to pick up his wife who had gone to the market.
    When describing events on the day, there is no place for the word 'I'.

You will easily win this if the driver's identity is not revealed.
    Last edited by KeithP; 06-03-2018 at 6:55 PM.
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:55 PM
    Thank you for replying.

Even though they have x2 photos where in 1 im clearly seen driving in, shall i go ahead and send the template off now?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

Yours faithfully,
    (my name & address)
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:57 PM
    Thanks again, I think we submitted our replies at the same time haha
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:04 PM
    LOL, so they have facial recognition?!! NOT.

For goodness sake to all newbies (not you personally) please manage to EDIT the final line to suit!

It's not exactly difficult to remove the sentence that makes no sense.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2018 at 8:42 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:11 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:11 PM

...which bit shall i remove? sorry, im a novice at things like this
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 6th Mar 18, 7:47 PM
    • 1,373 Posts
    • 1,847 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:47 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:47 PM

...which bit shall i remove? sorry, im a novice at things like this
    Originally posted by hatescammers146

clue might be in the fact that they are members of the BPA http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_p_to_s.html
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    Ok thank you.

So, now I'm ready to send...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code.

Yours faithfully,
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Mar 18, 7:56 PM
    • 7,713 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    KeithP
    Just a small point, but shouldn't that last sentence be:
    As you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code.
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 8:14 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    Oh, Ok.

Once again, thank you soo much for your kind help. Hopefully it all works and i will reply on here as soon as i get the good news.

Thank you to all of you folks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You will win this easily but please, why can't so many people write a darn letter these days?

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2018 at 8:43 PM.

• hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 8:30 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    haha your right! I need to brush up my skills :-)

This is why a lot of people come on here to seek help from the positive & helpful people like your selves.
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 8:33 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    ...im gonna copy and forward moneysavingexpert to all my contacts now. What a helpful community on here!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 8:34 PM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    haha your right! I need to brush up my skills :-)

This is why a lot of people come on here to seek help from the positive & helpful people like your selves.
    Originally posted by hatescammers146
    Yes we are! I am just a mardy moo sometimes...! People can/should be able to write letters.

• hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 6th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    lol i agree with you ;-)
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 29th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    Received POPLA
    Good evening folks,

I have got the POPLA code today and smart parking say PCN was correctly issued and have extended discount period by 2 weeks.

They wrote: we can confirm no payment was made against VRM (number plate) as your vehicle remained in the car for 19 minutes. We can confirm the PCN was issued correctly.

My gut feeling is i should just pay 60 as its true i didnt pay and just sat in car with my 5 year old waiting for the wife.

What do you think?
    • kryten3000
    • By kryten3000 29th Mar 18, 9:18 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    kryten3000
    Did you tell them the driver's name in the initial appeal? Don't out yourself here!

What about signage, authorisation, grace periods etc.?
    • hatescammers146
    • By hatescammers146 29th Mar 18, 9:22 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hatescammers146
    Good evening folks,

I have got the POPLA code today and smart parking say PCN was correctly issued and have extended discount period by 2 weeks.

They wrote: we can confirm no payment was made against VRM (number plate) as your vehicle remained in the car for 19 minutes. We can confirm the PCN was issued correctly.

My gut feeling is i should just pay 60 as its true the driver didnt pay and he just sat in car with his 5 year old waiting for his wife.

What do you think?
    Last edited by hatescammers146; 01-04-2018 at 9:37 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

529Posts Today

5,990Users online

Martin's Twitter