Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lisa173jones
    • By lisa173jones 6th Mar 18, 6:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lisa173jones
    Aqua opened account on credit file
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:16 PM
    Aqua opened account on credit file 6th Mar 18 at 6:16 PM
    Hi,
    I had an alert and a new account has been opened by Aqua on my credit file. Concerned as when I applied it came up there has been a problem with your application and we will write to you to explain. This was last Saturday and I had the alert this Monday over a week later and still no letter to explain. Does anyone know why they would open an account on my file?
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 6th Mar 18, 7:10 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 642 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:10 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 7:10 PM
    Phone them and ask?
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th Mar 18, 10:52 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 2,239 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:52 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:52 PM
    Hi,
    I had an alert and a new account has been opened by Aqua on my credit file. Concerned as when I applied it came up there has been a problem with your application and we will write to you to explain. This was last Saturday and I had the alert this Monday over a week later and still no letter to explain. Does anyone know why they would open an account on my file?
    Originally posted by lisa173jones
    My guess is that when you applied for a card on Saturday Aqua wasn't able to credit check you with credit reference agencies. A common problem at weekends.

They performed the credit check on Monday and you've been accepted.

It's not uncommon for PINs and cards to take more than a week to arrive.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 7th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    • 1,452 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:27 AM
    My guess is that when you applied for a card on Saturday Aqua wasn't able to credit check you with credit reference agencies. A common problem at weekends.

They performed the credit check on Monday and you've been accepted.

It's not uncommon for PINs and cards to take more than a week to arrive.
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    The monday seems to be a week later from what the OP says. It could be that they referred it for a human decision which took time.

If it has been opened then it looks like it has been approved and notification will follow. If you read other threads sometimes things like an address mismatch in the CRA can stop automatic processing, and this may be the case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,046Posts Today

7,887Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin