Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmall
    • By jmall 6th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jmall
    Two internet providers in one house problems!
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    Two internet providers in one house problems! 6th Mar 18 at 5:51 PM
    Hi there,

I recently moved home with my parents, they already have virgin media in there house, when I went to disconnect my BT from my old property I was told I would have to pay 400 in charges, so instead I decided to move the internet to my parents and have them both in the house. BT said I would need a new line installed, when the engineer arrived he said I didnt, and connected to ports I already had upstairs, since then the Virgin media hasnt really been working at all and the BT infinity connection is lower than 10 - so something must be wrong. Everytime I call they just claim to refresh the line and fix it, in the end my parents have got sick of no internet and unplugged my BT and straight away Virgin works again.

Any body got any advice on what could be the issue?

Thanks
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 7th Mar 18, 9:13 AM
    • 10,507 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:13 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:13 AM
    VM has nothing to do with BT OR they are two different cables .

Unplug as in where / what from may give a clue .
    Are the connections Wifi in which case it could be channels interference .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

6,257Users online

Martin's Twitter