Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 1trainer1
    • By 1trainer1 6th Mar 18, 3:02 PM
    • 898Posts
    • 1,752Thanks
    1trainer1
    Worcester Bosch Greenstar 38cdi
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:02 PM
    Worcester Bosch Greenstar 38cdi 6th Mar 18 at 3:02 PM
    I have the following boiler and the pressure keeps on dropping overnight to either 0 or close to 0,

we have checked and we did have a small leak in the bedroom radiator which we fixed and thought that was fixed but alas still getting the problem a week and a half later.

when we put the pressure up in the morning and use the shower which is connected to the boiler the pressure is fine, come home from work and put the heating on the pressure is fine, when we switch it off before we go to bed and then wake up in the morning it is again low
    Blessed on 18th February at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
Page 1
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 6th Mar 18, 3:30 PM
    • 810 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:30 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:30 PM
    Reset the pressure to 1.5bar and run the heating for a while, does the pressure rise towards 3bar, if so you need the expansion vessel recharging.
    • 1trainer1
    • By 1trainer1 6th Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    1trainer1
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:36 PM
    Reset the pressure to 1.5bar and run the heating for a while, does the pressure rise towards 3bar, if so you need the expansion vessel recharging.
    Originally posted by Alex1983
    Thanks, that's what i thought from my research but i cant see how to remove the case in order to get to the expansion vessel

the pressure does rise towards 3 bar when the heating has been on for a while
    Blessed on 18th February at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 6th Mar 18, 5:07 PM
    • 810 Posts
    • 473 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:07 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:07 PM
    The expansion vessel is inside the combustion box on a cdi, you need someone gas safe registered to do it, as long as it!!!8217;s not split it will just need recharging.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,879Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin