Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tasham316
    • By Tasham316 6th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tasham316
    Tax credits and company dividends
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:36 PM
    Tax credits and company dividends 6th Mar 18 at 2:36 PM
    Just looking for bit advice. When applying for tax credits of you are a partner in a limited business do you need to declare the dividends you get at end of year. I'm confused weather these need to be declared only if you have to pay tax on them or if you need to declare them either way.
Page 1
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 6th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 2,569 Posts
    • 1,234 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    Dividends are taxable income and according to the tax credit renewal notes are included under "Other Income".

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-credits-renewal-pack-notes
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 6th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 3,290 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    As above they are taxable income so yes need to be declared.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,975Posts Today

5,951Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin