Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ShannonPS
    • By ShannonPS 6th Mar 18, 1:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ShannonPS
    Car Insurance Claim
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:53 PM
    Car Insurance Claim 6th Mar 18 at 1:53 PM
    My query; I had a car accident in February and I was the non-fault driver. The other driver was in a company vehicle (lorry) and admitted fault instantly, my car has been written off and I am waiting a pay out of the ammount my car is worth. I was then contacted today to be informed that I needed to pay my excess of £450 as well as £36 cancellation fee as the third party have not admitted fault. I know I can claim my excess back however, can I claim back the cancellation fee for the insurance policy? My options were; 1- Pay the cancellation fee as the car no longer exists 2- Carry on paying my monthly car insurance payments until April (end of agreement) for a car that no longer exists... both through no fault of my own and either way, I am out of pocket for an accident that wasn’t my fault. Any advice is welcome, please please please.
Page 1
    • King_Nothing
    • By King_Nothing 6th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 991 Thanks
    King_Nothing
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    Who was you're car written off by? And who are you waiting for the payment from? I'm assuming your own insurance company. Usually if you're claiming on your own insurance your excess is just deducted from your write off payment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

86Posts Today

2,024Users online

Martin's Twitter