Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ella smyth
    • By ella smyth 6th Mar 18, 1:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ella smyth
    Judgement issued -Civil Enforcement Limited
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:40 PM
    Judgement issued -Civil Enforcement Limited 6th Mar 18 at 1:40 PM
    Hi Guys,

i have read the post for newbies and other threads and examples im totally lost on what to do.

First step was to acknowledge the claim, which I did - not sure if too late please see below;

A claim was issued against you on 25/01/2018
    Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 21/02/2018 at 16:18:02
    Your acknowledgment of service was received on 22/02/2018 at 08:02:49
    A judgment was issued against you on 01/03/2018 at 19:19:45

now the only option is to have it set aside - is this the next step?

sorry its all confusing to me and ive tried reading through others but im just not getting it.

this is second Judgment issued against me and I am paying back 350 odd something I really cant afford another one!

Thanks!
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 4,120 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:47 PM
    You acknowledged but did you send in a defence?
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 7,214 Posts
    • 6,719 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    Not sure you have any grounds for a set aside.
    Simply not responding as required may not be enough.
    • ella smyth
    • By ella smyth 6th Mar 18, 2:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ella smyth
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:27 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:27 PM
    I do not understand it all if I'm honest - i followed the steps for the acknowledgment however i couldn't see the defense bit
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Mar 18, 2:39 PM
    • 2,512 Posts
    • 3,046 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:39 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:39 PM
    Acknowledging the claim simply extends how long you have to send the court your defence

You didnt send a defence, therefore the claimant was allowed to ask for a default judgement

As you are within 1 month of the judgement I would just pay it. Your own inaction and inability to follow the procedure - which you are plainly told is: send in a defence - means you dont have any grounds that I can see to get a contested set aside, and there is no point in an uncontested one

Your acknowledgement was also late, I reckon, so why did you sit on the form for so long?
    • Castle
    • By Castle 6th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 2,305 Thanks
    Castle
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    Did the claim issued on 25th Jan mention that further particulars will be sent at a later date?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin