Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elljay
    • By elljay 6th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 778Posts
    • 636Thanks
    elljay
    Caller ID problem
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    Caller ID problem 6th Mar 18 at 1:06 PM
    Has anyone else experienced this? For the last couple of weeks I've had no caller ID/display thingie on my home phone. I've tried various things to sort it but when I rang EE to see if the problem was at their end, was told it's a national BT problem, that loads of people are affected and that it won't be fixed until June.

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about this and googling hasn't found anything either. It seems extraordinary and I just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks

EJ
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 6th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 10,500 Posts
    • 4,436 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    Seen a non BT customer on the BT community forum with the problem this week .
    • pattycake
    • By pattycake 6th Mar 18, 5:18 PM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 1,031 Thanks
    pattycake
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:18 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:18 PM
    Thatís interesting. We were with BT until yesterday and caller ID worked fine. Switched to Sky Broadband and Talk and now the caller ID doesnít work even though itís in the package.

Intending to ring Sky tomorrow as I really miss not knowing who is calling in advance.
    • elljay
    • By elljay 6th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    elljay
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:59 PM
    Very interesting (lack of) comments, thank you.

I had thought there would be a load of 'me toos' when I checked in this evening. I'm finding this tale of EE's hard to believe.

Pattycake, would you mind posting what you find out please. Thanks very much.

EJ
    • pattycake
    • By pattycake 6th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 1,031 Thanks
    pattycake
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 6:31 PM
    Very interesting (lack of) comments, thank you.

I had thought there would be a load of 'me toos' when I checked in this evening. I'm finding this tale of EE's hard to believe.

Pattycake, would you mind posting what you find out please. Thanks very much.

EJ
    Originally posted by elljay

I will. They will probably want us to sign up to Sky Shield but that looks like a faff to me.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 6th Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    • 1,803 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    nickcc
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 8:07 PM
    Switched to EE last year and had to phone up to have caller ID activated, maybe same with other telecom companies. Had no problem with caller ID working.
    • J B
    • By J B 6th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 998 Thanks
    J B
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 10:31 PM
    Switched to EE last year and had to phone up to have caller ID activated, maybe same with other telecom companies. Had no problem with caller ID working.
    Originally posted by nickcc
    We switched from Plusnet to John Lewis last month.
    I had to phone up to get caller ID enabled
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 6th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 2,021 Posts
    • 1,182 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    ... it's a national BT problem, that loads of people are affected and that it won't be fixed until June.
    Originally posted by elljay
    If it were a national problem I would have expected national newspaper headlines reporting it by now. I see no media coverage.

The June date is very specific, and an unacceptably long time in the future. Does this date have any basis in reality or was it just made up to get you off the line?
    • pattycake
    • By pattycake 7th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 1,031 Thanks
    pattycake
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:53 AM
    Just rang Sky and they have activated the Caller ID. All fine now.

Elijay, looks as if EE have not been completely honest with you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

847Posts Today

6,461Users online

Martin's Twitter