Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissMooley
    • By MissMooley 6th Mar 18, 1:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MissMooley
    EE Fibre mis selling help
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:04 PM
    EE Fibre mis selling help 6th Mar 18 at 1:04 PM
    Hi all, new user so sorry if I am in the wrong place.
    Basically I have been with EE fibre broadband for 18 months and the connection has been awful recently. We dont live in a great speed area but after some digging it became apparent that you cannot actually get fibre in my area!
    Rang EE who admitted that it wasn't available and they don't know why I was sold fibre. They issued me a refund for the difference.
    They informed me that they will have to keep my on this package unless I downgrade with them, so I'm still paying for fibre. Im out of contract and am looking at other providers.

Anyway after talking to several neighbours it appears that I'm not the only one paying for fibre that isn't available!

My questions are, has this ever been something EE have been known to do, and how do I go about complaining? Ofcom?
    Tia x
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 6th Mar 18, 1:21 PM
    • 10,507 Posts
    • 4,439 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:21 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:21 PM
    Yes Ofcom and the ISPs head office .
    But its a mistake not a conspiracy .
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 1,036 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    how do I go about complaining? Ofcom?
    Originally posted by MissMooley
    Complain about what exactly? You say you've had it for 18 months but it's only recently that it's been poor in an area where you don't get great speeds anyway and they've refunded you the difference in price. I'm presuming you're out of minimum term so free to go to someone else for an equally slow service. Why not use it to negotiate a decent deal on ADSL with them?
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 6th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 2,906 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:48 PM
    a good compromise would be for EE to give to free BB for a year (but pay line rental)
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 7th Mar 18, 1:17 PM
    • 8,532 Posts
    • 6,304 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:17 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 1:17 PM
    and how do I go about complaining? Ofcom?
    Originally posted by MissMooley
    Ofcom doesn't handle complaints from individuals. You need o go through EE's own complaints process.
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 2,503 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    Not sure what else you'd be entitled to or need - they've admitted their mistake and refunded you - is that not enough? It's not like they chopped your leg off and only offered you the foot back?

Downgrade with EE which presumably mean less cost but the same service/speed anyway?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,216Posts Today

6,204Users online

Martin's Twitter