Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenlogue
    • By stevenlogue 6th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stevenlogue
    0 WOW
    Best way to change left over $ to EUR
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    0 WOW
    Best way to change left over $ to EUR 6th Mar 18 at 11:23 AM
    Hi

Lokking for some advice on getting best rate for my leftover dollars. I have $420 leftover from a trip to the states and in the next few months will be visiting Spain with the family. I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be best to change them here in the UK through travel agent, or once I am in Spain?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 6th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    • 12,143 Posts
    • 8,261 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    • 6th Mar 18, 11:53 AM
    If you exchange here there will be two conversions (dollar to sterling; sterling to Euro) while over there only one step will be needed. Each conversion involves cost to you.
    • stevenlogue
    • By stevenlogue 6th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stevenlogue
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    Thanks for the response, I guess I will just take them over to Spain with me then
    • antenna
    • By antenna 6th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 1,648 Posts
    • 982 Thanks
    antenna
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    The best rate i can find today (Ruben Exchange Malaga area) for 420 dollars is 341.06 euros.....exact rate no commision
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 6th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 3,840 Posts
    • 5,276 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    Do you have any friends, family, or work colleagues who are visiting the States soon? They may be glad of the opportunity to buy them from you at market rates.
    • stevenlogue
    • By stevenlogue 6th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stevenlogue
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 5:36 PM
    I had originally planned to keep a hold of them until we were visiting the states again, would love to take the young one to Florida next year, but with having Spain booked really seemed a bit pointless holding onto them for another year.

That exchange rate is pretty good so ill definitely take them away, they were winnings from just before boarding the plane home from las vegas so they will spend even better.

Thanks everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter